Sonic Shifter - Hex - 2.56:1 [Low 24.0:1 / High 9.4:1]
Our latest and greatest shifting two-speed transmission. Eight different gearing ratios and two shaft options are available for this top of the line gearbox. This shift-on-the-fly gearbox, uses a ...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
This shift-on-the-fly gearbox, uses a dog gear shifting method. Motor input accepts two CIM motors, or two AM Planetary Gearboxes or a combination of either (both not included). Two two shaft options are a round 1/2" 4140 steel shaft with a 1/8" keyway or 1/2" 7075 aluminum hex shaft.
- The output shaft is centered on the gearbox.
- CIM motor inputs centered on the gearbox.
- The Sonic Shifter is lighter than the AM Shifter and Super Shifter designs.
- Wider variety of gear ratio and shaft options available.
- Will be shipped with either am-0174 or am-3132 encoder pre-installed.
Two shifting methods are available for the Sonic Shifter. The pneumatic method is much stronger and faster than the servo method.
- A pneumatic cylinder, Bimba model 04-0.5-DP, 3/4" bore x 1/2" stroke, (not included) shifts between high and low gear. This cylinder mounts with a 5/8-18 nut (not included). This is a strong, fast method of shifting, lasting under 0.5 seconds and pushing with 26 pounds of force (if using 60 psi). This pneumatic shift can be done while a robot is accelerating.
- A Servo Shifting hardware pack is available (am-2297), but not included with this product.
- A Hi-Tech Servo, model HS-422HD is included in am-2297, using an actuation fork to shift between the 2 gear settings. This is a slow, weaker method of shifting (compared to pneumatic), taking 1.5-2 seconds and pushing with up to 8.5 pounds of force. A robot driver may need to back off of the throttle to let a servo shift gears while moving.
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thorough grease of the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
- Sonic Shifters come with needed hardware to mount 2 CIMs
- Designed for 2 (or 1) motor inputs
- Use CIM motors or AM Planetary Gearboxes or a combination of both
- Long SS Wheel Shaft (output shaft, sticking out 3.94")
- Long SS Hex Shaft: this is an extended intermediate shaft, used if the final stage is not needed
- Hex SS Long Wheel Shaft provides a longer hex output shaft, if a FR8ZZ-Hex bearing is used.
In order to change over a Super Shifter to a Sonic Shifter, these parts need to be purchased:
- Product Lifecycle: replaced by <a href='/products/evo-shifter?sku=EVO-2-226-075-SH2'>EVO-2-226-075-SH2</a>
Returns are not accepted for this product.