Sonic Shifter - Key - 4.1:1 [Low 14.8:1 / High 3.7:1]
This two speed transmission gearbox provides speed and torque when necessary. Eight different gearing ratios and two shaft options are available for this top-of-the-line, robust gearbox. That's 16 ...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
The Sonic Shifter is no longer offered in the versions containing the 17 tooth cluster gear. We recommend looking at the EVO shifter if interested in a wider variety of gear ratio options.
- The output shaft is centered on the gearbox.
- CIM motor inputs centered on the gearbox.
- The Sonic Shifter is lighter than the AM Shifter and Super Shifter designs.
- Wider variety of gear ratio and shaft options available.
- Will be shipped with an am-3132 encoder pre-installed.
A color coded graphic accompanied by a ratio breakdown shows which gears are used where and what ratios they form for each sonic shifter.
Sonic Shifter Ratio Breakdown
Two shifting methods are available for the Sonic Shifter. The pneumatic method is much stronger and faster than the servo method.
- A pneumatic cylinder, Bimba model 04-0.5-DP, 3/4" bore x 1/2" stroke, (not included) shifts between high and low gear. This cylinder mounts with a 5/8-18 nut (not included). This is a strong, fast method of shifting, lasting under 0.5 seconds and pushing with 26 pounds of force (if using 60 psi). This pneumatic shift can be done while a robot is accelerating.
- A Servo Shifting hardware pack is available (am-2297), but not included with this product.
- A Hi-Tech Servo, model HS-422HD is included in am-2297, using an actuation fork to shift between the 2 gear settings. This is a slow, weaker method of shifting (compared to pneumatic), taking 1.5-2 seconds and pushing with up to 8.5 pounds of force. A robot driver may need to back off of the throttle to let a servo shift gears while moving.
- Sonic Shifters come with needed hardware to mount 2 CIMs
- Designed for 2 (or 1) motor inputs
- Use CIM motors or AM Planetary Gearboxes or a combination of both
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thorough grease of the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
Thanks to Evan from 2470 and Sean from 2489 for our new gearbox name, the "Sonic Shifter."
- Weight: 4.2 lbs
Returns are not accepted for this product.