Rhino Track Drive Module
The Rhino Track Drive is a tank track module utilizing a two (2) inch wide timing belt tread. Four (4) robust molded pulleys direct the path of a high grip belt, driven by an optional AndyMark gear...Read More
NOT INCLUDED: A gearbox, such as the Toughbox Mini, as shown in the layout print and example pictures. Bumper brackets (am-3358) are available, but not included.
This module includes one belt. In order to create a typical drive system for most applications, two modules will need to be purchased. We suggest the use of four (4) pieces of 1" wide REV extrusion as bracing structure between two Rhino Track Drive Modules. Pictures of this setup version are shown on the "How To / Pictures" tab.
During normal use of this belt, the blue rubber tread may begin to delaminate (split apart from the timing belt). If this happens, please follow these steps to fix the belt:
- Keep the belt mounted to the drive pulley mechanism (do not remove the belt from your robot)
- Clean both surfaces where the delamination is happening, removing debris and dirt
- Take time to allow the cleaned area to dry
- Use a rubber to rubber adhesive such as super glue. This has great bonding properties to adhere the tread (roughtop carbox, in this case) to the urethane timing belt material.
- Keep pressure on the newly glued area by moving this area over an end pulley. This applies continual contact between the rubber and timing belt.
- Wait 20-30 minutes for the adhesive to cure.
Bumpers: We have a bumper set you can buy for these if needed. Check out the Bumper Kit for Rhino Track Drive Module (am-3358)
- One - Outside Plate (am-3318)
- One - Inside Plate (am-3319)
- Two - Upper Bar (am-3320)
- Eight - 20 Tooth Track Drive Pulley (am-3298a)
- Eight - 3/8" id 1.125 od ball bearing (1614ZZ) (am-0209)
- Twenty Seven - 10-24x1.25 Thread Forming Screw, Zinc [Qty-10] (am-1278)
- Four - Pulley, 42 Tooth (am-2234)
- One - Timing Belt, Gates HTD, 15mm wide, 85T, 425-5M-15 (am-2703)
- One - Rhino Track Timing Belt (am-3288)
- One - 500EX Hex Hub (am-2568)
- One - 1/2" Hex Bore, Flanged, Heavy Duty Inner Race Shielded Ball Bearing (FR8ZZ-HexHD) (am-2986)
- One - Turnbuckle (am-3321)
- Ten - 500 Churro Tube 3.375" +/- 0.125" (am-2569)
- Twenty - 1/4-20 x 3/4 Thread Forming Screw (am-1310)
- Six - 3/8-16 x 4.25" Hex Head Bolt (am-1297)
- Two - Collar Clamp, 3/8" Bore, Aluminum (am-2382)
- One - 250 Sprocket and Pulley Spacer (am-0207a)
- One - Collar Clamp, 1/2" Hex Bore, Aluminum (am-1238)
- Six - #10-32 x 1.25 inch BHCS (am-1260)
- Six - 10-32 Nylock Nut, Steel, Zinc Plated, [Qty-50] (am-1212)
- Two - 3/16 Thick Nylon Spacer (am-1181)
- Two - 1.86-0375 Plastic Spacer (am-0243)
- Two - 0.82 inch x 3/8 Spacer (am-2243)
- Two - 985x375 Spacer (am-0441)
- Six - 3/8 Washer (am-1393)
- Six - 3/8-16 Nylock Jam Nut (am-1394)
2016 Pulley Issue and Revision Update :Please see this page for more details about the progression from the original pulley to the now current Rev4 pulley. All orders of Rhino Track Drive Modules will ship with Rev4 pulleys.
- Material: Carbox Nitrile Rubber
- Overall Length: 30.44 in. with Upper Arm at 34 degree angle, (31.3 in. with Upper Arm at 5 degrees and moved in to secondary pivot point)
- Weight: 8.9 lbs (no gearbox, no motors)
- Width: 3.75 in.
Nice product, but no delivery to pit
Hi there. So glad you were able to bring our product to the championship. However for some reason it did not get delivered to our pit, we had to track it down. It was found, but there was a "gap" in your system. All's well that ends well.
The directions leave something to be desired especially when a high school robotics team with little mechanical knowledge is trying to learn how to put things together.
Very Disappointed Defective Parts Were Shipped
We have emailed to get new pulleys, but I am very disappointed AM knew of the issue and not only didn't notify the customers who purchased them to let them know of the issue and the fix, but continued to send out defective replacements when ordered. We are really feeling that AM has left us to fail since we have not heard back on the timing of replacement pulleys and we are heading into bag & tag. Our worst case is we will be at competition changing out pulleys instead of using the time for practice matches. (AndyMark response: We disagree with the assessment of this customer review, and we stand by our customer service. Here is a timeline of the events: Feb. 8th: We found out about this issue, started to investigate the problem and change the mold. We began responding to customers input on this issue, and did so each day after. Feb. 8th: We posted our response to a public discussion board and on our product website. Feb. 10th: We posted the improvements which were going to be made to the new version of the pulley (and mold tool). We also updated the public discussion board and our product website. Feb. 10th: We determined that many of the original pulleys were good, as we were not able to consistently recreate the cracks and breaks Feb. 11th: Our mold changes were complete, and we began testing the new pulley. Feb. 15th: We began sending out new versions (Rev4) of the pulley replacements to customers who requested them. Rev3 pulleys were quarantined. Feb. 17th: We reached out to all of the customers who have received the original pulleys who have not contacted us yet, offering them replacements for broken pulleys and a limited amount of spares if they did not have broken pulleys. Feb. 17th: We receive this negative review for not being responsive enough, although we agreed to send out all of the replacement pulleys they wish to have.)
out of stock
every time I get a notice that the Rhino tracks are available and go to purchase. They are always out of stock. (AndyMark Response: We apologize for the frustrations this causes. We do apologize for high demand items in and out of stock quickly. As a supplier it is difficult for us to anticipate customer demand, maintain adequate inventory to meet that demand, and ensure product prices are competitive. However, we're always looking for ways to improve this.)
Good but Andymark needs to improve their shipment schedule (or just plan ahead a bit more)
Rhino Track Drive Module (am-3322)