AndyMark will be closed Monday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day. Wishing everyone a happy & safe holiday.
PG188 Gearmotor, 10 mm Round Output with 775 Motor and Encoder
The Planetary Gearbox series of gearmotors feature robust planetary gearing inside paired with reliable motors. They come in 27:1, 71:1, and 188:1 ratios and can be bought individually or with a 50...Read More
Useful Additional PG Parts:
- Mounting a PG Series to robot frame such as C-Channel, Planetary GearMotor Bracket (am-2197)
- Adapting the PG shaft to a 1/2" round geometry with a 1/8" key, PG Shaft to 1/2" with 1/8" Machine Key Adapter (am-0996)
- A PG71 with hardware for attaching your own 9015 motor, PG71 Gearbox with Pinion Gear and Hardware for 9015 Motor (am-2390)
- This spacer allows a 500 series motor to be mounted to a PG Series Gearbox, Spacer for PG Series Gearboxes (am-2062)
- If a shaft becomes damaged you can replace it, Replacement Shaft for PG Series Gearboxes (am-2523)
- Hardware kit for mounting a 9015 Motor to a PG Series Gearbox, Hardware Kit for PG Series Gearboxes with Pinion Gear for 9015 Motor (am-2389)
- Join the shaft of a PG Series gearbox, and a 3/8" hex shaft, PG Hex Coupling (am-3410)
- PG Seires Machine Key, 4mm x 12mm Machine Key (am-1249)
- PG27 with 9015, Overall Length: 5.5"
- PG27 with 775, Overall Length: 6.12"
- PG71 with 9015, Overall Length: 5.90"
- PG71 with 775, Overall Length: 6.26"
- PG188 with 9015, Overall Length: 6.2"
- PG188 with 775, Overall Length: 6.70
- PG27 with 9015 Weight: 1.4 Lbs
- PG27 with 775 Weight: 1.6 Lbs
- PG71 with 9015 Weight: 1.67 Lbs
- PG71 with 775 Weight: 2.0 Lbs
- PG188 with 9015 Weight: 1.92 Lbs
- PG188 with 775 Weight: 2.1 Lbs
- PG27 with 9015: 510 RPM
- PG27 with 775: 198 RPM
- PG71 with 9015: 200 RPM
- PG71 with 775: 75 RPM
- PG188 with 9015: 75 RPM
- PG188 with 775: 28 RPM
- PG27 with 9015: 1.2 Amps
- PG27 with 775: 0.6 Amps
- PG71 with 9015: 1.8 Amps
- PG71 with 775: 0.6 Amps
- PG188 with 9015: 1.3 Amps
- PG188 with 775: 0.6 Amps
- Gearboxes with 9015: 63 Amps
- Gearboxes with 775: 22 Amps
- PG27 with 9015: 5.8 ft-lbf
- PG27 with 775: 6.3 ft-lbf
- PG71 with 9015: 14 ft-lbf
- PG71 with 775: 16.6 ft-lbf
- PG188 with 9015: 33 ft-lbf
- PG188 with 775: 33 ft-lbf
- PG27 with 9015: 110 Watts
- PG27 with 775:
- PG71 with 9015: 100 Watts
- PG71 with 775: 44 Watts
- PG188 with 9015: 90 Watts
- PG188 with 775:
- PG27 Gearbox: 0.3 ft-lbs
- PG188 Gearbox: 3.5 ft-lbs
- Electrical Connection Geometry: 3/16 in. wide spade connectors (2)
- Lubrication: this gearbox is pre-greased and needs no further lubrication
- Material: steel, formed from powdered metal, steel
- Maximum Diameter: 1.775 in.
- Mounting Holes: M4x0.7 threaded hole (4) x 9 mm deep
- Output Shaft Size: 10 mm (0.393 in.) dia with 4 mm (0.157 in.) keyway
- Overall Length: 6.70 in.
- Product Lifecycle: replaced by <a href='/products/hex-pg-series-gearboxes-options?sku=am-3656'>am-3656</a>
- Weight: 2.1 lbs
Returns are not accepted for this product.
Shaft adaptation issues
This is a very strong motor gearbox combination, but is difficult to connect to the non metric world. The PG Shaft to 1/2" with 1/8" Machine Key Adapter (am-0996) is a very poor way to do this. I tried the suggested assembly technique and had no success. I needed to file the metric side key of the brass part to make it fit at all. Both adapters eventially slid off the shafts when in use in a vertical application on our airship rotors.
"I may be wrong, but I think the rpm's and gear ratio are mixed up, It should be 188 rpm's and 28:1 gear ratio. Great motor otherwise."