PG188 Gearmotor, 10 mm Round Output with 775 Motor and Encoder
The Planetary Gearbox series of gearmotors feature robust planetary gearing inside paired with reliable motors. They come in 27:1, 71:1, and 188:1 ratios and can be bought individually or with a 50...Read More
The Planetary Gearbox series of gearmotors feature robust planetary gearing inside paired with reliable motors. They come in 27:1, 71:1, and 188:1 ratios and can be bought individually or with a 500 series or 775 series motor pre-installed. 775 series motors come with an integrated quadrature encoder, simplifying feedback control.
Useful Additional PG Parts:
Useful Additional PG Parts:
- Mounting a PG Series to robot frame such as C-Channel, Planetary GearMotor Bracket (am-2197)
- Adapting the PG shaft to a 1/2" round geometry with a 1/8" key, PG Shaft to 1/2" with 1/8" Machine Key Adapter (am-0996)
- A PG71 with hardware for attaching your own 9015 motor, PG71 Gearbox with Pinion Gear and Hardware for 9015 Motor (am-2390)
- This spacer allows a 500 series motor to be mounted to a PG Series Gearbox, Spacer for PG Series Gearboxes (am-2062)
- If a shaft becomes damaged you can replace it, Replacement Shaft for PG Series Gearboxes (am-2523)
- Hardware kit for mounting a 9015 Motor to a PG Series Gearbox, Hardware Kit for PG Series Gearboxes with Pinion Gear for 9015 Motor (am-2389)
- Join the shaft of a PG Series gearbox, and a 3/8" hex shaft, PG Hex Coupling (am-3410)
- PG Seires Machine Key, 4mm x 12mm Machine Key (am-1249)
- PG27 with 9015, Overall Length: 5.5"
- PG27 with 775, Overall Length: 6.12"
- PG71 with 9015, Overall Length: 5.90"
- PG71 with 775, Overall Length: 6.26"
- PG188 with 9015, Overall Length: 6.2"
- PG188 with 775, Overall Length: 6.70
- PG27 with 9015 Weight: 1.4 Lbs
- PG27 with 775 Weight: 1.6 Lbs
- PG71 with 9015 Weight: 1.67 Lbs
- PG71 with 775 Weight: 2.0 Lbs
- PG188 with 9015 Weight: 1.92 Lbs
- PG188 with 775 Weight: 2.1 Lbs
- PG27 with 9015: 510 RPM
- PG27 with 775: 198 RPM
- PG71 with 9015: 200 RPM
- PG71 with 775: 75 RPM
- PG188 with 9015: 75 RPM
- PG188 with 775: 28 RPM
- PG27 with 9015: 1.2 Amps
- PG27 with 775: 0.6 Amps
- PG71 with 9015: 1.8 Amps
- PG71 with 775: 0.6 Amps
- PG188 with 9015: 1.3 Amps
- PG188 with 775: 0.6 Amps
- Gearboxes with 9015: 63 Amps
- Gearboxes with 775: 22 Amps
- PG27 with 9015: 5.8 ft-lbf
- PG27 with 775: 6.3 ft-lbf
- PG71 with 9015: 14 ft-lbf
- PG71 with 775: 16.6 ft-lbf
- PG188 with 9015: 33 ft-lbf
- PG188 with 775: 33 ft-lbf
- PG27 with 9015: 110 Watts
- PG27 with 775:
- PG71 with 9015: 100 Watts
- PG71 with 775: 44 Watts
- PG188 with 9015: 90 Watts
- PG188 with 775:
- PG27 Gearbox: 0.3 ft-lbs
- PG188 Gearbox: 3.5 ft-lbs
- Electrical Connection Geometry: 3/16 in. wide spade connectors (2)
- Lubrication: this gearbox is pre-greased and needs no further lubrication
- Material: steel, formed from powdered metal, steel
- Maximum Diameter: 1.775 in.
- Mounting Holes: M4x0.7 threaded hole (4) x 9 mm deep
- Output Shaft Size: 10 mm (0.393 in.) dia with 4 mm (0.157 in.) keyway
- Overall Length: 6.70 in.
- Product Lifecycle: replaced by <a href='/products/hex-pg-series-gearboxes-options?sku=am-3656'>am-3656</a>
- Weight: 2.1 lbs
Don't see what you need?
Returns are not accepted for this product.
Shaft adaptation issues
This is a very strong motor gearbox combination, but is difficult to connect to the non metric world. The PG Shaft to 1/2" with 1/8" Machine Key Adapter (am-0996) is a very poor way to do this. I tried the suggested assembly technique and had no success. I needed to file the metric side key of the brass part to make it fit at all. Both adapters eventially slid off the shafts when in use in a vertical application on our airship rotors.
"I may be wrong, but I think the rpm's and gear ratio are mixed up, It should be 188 rpm's and 28:1 gear ratio. Great motor otherwise."