AndyMark will be closed Monday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day. Wishing everyone a happy & safe holiday.
NeveRest Orbital 20 Gearmotor
$33.00 – $35.00
The NeveRest Orbital 20 is a gearmotor with an attached encoder. The output shaft geometry and the gearbox housing diameter is similar to what FTC teams are familiar with. The shaft is a 6 mm D an...Read More
The NeveRest Orbital 20 is a gearmotor with an attached encoder. The output shaft geometry and the gearbox housing diameter is similar to what FTC teams are familiar with. The shaft is a 6 mm D and the gearbox housing is 37 mm diameter.The power cable which feeds into the black encoder housing has two different options that are already crimped to the end of the cable. (select your needs above):
- NEW for 2020! JST-VH-2 connectors Option: this option plugs directly into the FIRST Tech Challenge REV Controller
- Anderson Powerpole 15A connectors Option
- According to the FIRST Tech Challenge Game Manual Part 1, Rule RE10, this is legal for the 2020-2021 FTC Game.
- According to the FIRST Robotics Challenge Game Manual, Rule R27, this is legal for the 2020-2021 FRC Game as it uses the NeveRest am-3104 motor.
- PicoBox LEO (am-3614). This gearbox is used for creating chain drives for mechanisms like arms.
- PicoBox GEO (am-3616). This gearbox combines two orbital NeveRest motors into a single output shaft allowing for combined power at a low ratio.
- PicoBox MEO (am-3615). This gearbox accepts one NeveRest motor and allows for gear changing through PicoBox gearing.
There is an encoder mounted to the backside of this motor. It is a 7 pulse per revolution (ppr), hall effect encoder. Since the motor's gearbox has a 19.2:1 reduction, then the NeverRest Orbital 20 output shaft provides 134.4 ppr.
Encoder Cable Options:
NeveRest motors do not come with an encoder cable as we offer 3 cable options:
Working with the Encoders:
Time to Failure at Stall: 2 minutes, 54 seconds
Motor Case Temperature at Failure: 190 degrees F
- Back Drive Force: 6.400 oz-in
- Connector Type: JST-VH-2, Anderson Powerpoles
- Free Current: 0.500 AMPs
- Gauge: 18 AWG
- Gear Material: Steel and Plastic
- Material: Steel with Plastic Encoder Housing
- Maximum Diameter: 1.500 in. (38 mm)
- Maximum Power: 14 Watts
- Mounting Geometry: 4x M3x0.5 on a 28 mm Bolt Circle
- No Load RPM: 340 RPM
- Output Shaft Size: 0.240 in. (6 mm) D Shaft
- Overall Length: 5.340 in.
- Poles Per Magnet: 7
- Product Lifecycle: Other options available, <a href='/products/neverest-orbital-motors?Gear%20Ratio=19.2%20to%201&quantity=1'>see this product and other options here.</a>
- Ratio: 19.2:1
- Shaft Hardness: 45-50 Rockwell C
- Stall Current: 11.500 AMPs
- Stall Torque: 175 oz-in
- Ticks Per Revolution: 537.6
- Voltage: 12 Volts DC
- Weight: 0.991 lbs
NeveRest Orbital - great motor
We have used these motors for several years, and always turn to them when we need more motors. One thing to be aware of is these new versions (rev B) are slightly longer than the previous versions. Hopefully AndyMark will make a note on the part. If space is tight to replace a motor, rev B may not fit. We were able to make do. Awesome motor!
I was frustrated to find that the old motor mou...
I was frustrated to find that the old motor mounts do not fit these motors. I also did not initially notice that the shaft is not off center which is a big difference from old motors also. Be careful when you order them that you are taking these things into consideration. From the AndyMark Support Team: We're sorry for any confusion about the specs of the NeveRest 20 Orbital compared to the NeveRest Classic 40. With any questions about out products or how to use them, feel free to call (765-868-4779, 9-5 Eastern Time) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we're happy to help.
Great response from AndyMark! Motors work great for the application!
These motors are little work horses. They just keep running and running. Thanks...FTC Team Mechanical Advantage
VERY happy with this motor
We have had no trouble at all with using the orbital 20's on our drivetrain. Last year our robot chewed up the old 20's and we were a little leery about trying the new orbitals. Glad we did!
Thus far excellent
bought these to replace the spur gear 20:1 motors in our drive train after we fried one. Far more robust, thus far working well.
Review of motor order for 2017
We received our motor order within a timely matter after we placed the order. The parts arrived in good condition.
Andy Mark quickly took order, advised of shipping and delivered with backed support.
My first order went very smoothly. I made 2 orders for the same motors within minutes for 2 different teams and I appreciated the contact from Mary Baker to verify I did not submit a duplicate order by mistake. Great service!