Cheap & Dirty Electronics for Two Motors
Overview:This is a complete electronic kit that you can hook up to two motors and start driving in tank mode right away. Make a few quick connections, and you're ready to go! No need (or room) for ...Read More
This is a complete electronic kit that you can hook up to two motors and start driving in tank mode right away. Make a few quick connections, and you're ready to go!
No need (or room) for programming here, this is just down and dirty radio control unit--analog joysticks and pots on the controller, six PWM outputs on the receiver. It's very simple, but with six channels (2 analog joysticks with 2 channels each, and 2 pot controls) you can hook up skid-steer control quickly and have four open channels left for whatever you want to add. If you want to test out omnidirectional drive systems, you can with the optional Mecanum Mixer for Cheap & Dirty (am-2715)
The entire kit is based around 2.4 GHz radio control, just like what controls your radio controlled car, boat, or plane. Now you can interface with robot parts without the need to program anything. It can be used to help test your mechanical design before the programmers are ready to input code, or your electrical group has finished wiring.
- One - Cheap and Dirty Radio Control System (am-2520)
- One - 8 Ganged ATC Fuse Block for Snap Action Breakers with Ground Terminal (am-3136)
- One - 5 ft of bonded red/black wire (buy 25 ft)
- Three - 30 Amp Snap Action Breakers (am-0290)
- One - 12V 17Ah Battery (half of am-3062)
- One - Connector, Female, 12-10 AWG, Tab .032"x.250", Yellow, Qty 10
- One - Powerpole Kit (8 Red/8 Black Housings, 16 Contacts)
- Two - Victor SPX Speed Controller (am-3748)
- One - Power Converter 12/24VDC to 5VDC (am-3068)
- One - 3-wire PWM cable, 12 inches (am-0693) (This cable is used to power the receiver.)
- One - Robot Power Cable Kit (am-0975)
- One - 12" Battery Cable (am-0009)
- Battery Charger not included, we sell a 3 Bank, 6AMP charger here
- Or you can find one at your local Walmart or hardware store
Good system to get you going with a project W...
Good system to get you going with a project Wish there was more documentation for the radio and how to use the channels AndyMark Response: Documentation for this specific kit is provided above in the form of a wiring guide. Channels 2 and 3 (the vertical axis of both joysticks) would be used for a two motor tank setup. The Cheap and Dirty system has additional documentation available on the main page: https://www.andymark.com/products/cheap-and-dirty-radio-control-system. Channels 1 and 4 correspond to the horizontal axis of each joystick and channels 5 and 6 correspond to the potentiometers near the top of the controller. We encourage our customers to contact email@example.com if there are questions or concerns about a product.
Cheap & Dirty Electronics, for two motors (am-2493
satisfied with performance, but installation instructions were very poor. Quality is questionable, not sure how durable this product will be.
Just what it says
Quick and easy way to get a basic bot up and running. Documentation is not up to the standards for most AndyMark products, so be prepared to figure things out on your own.