Ships From Sydney - NI roboRIO
Shipping from our Sydney location.Customers who are not affiliated with FIRST teams are required to purchase this product through National Instruments (https://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/n...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
Product Overview:The NI roboRIO is the next generation in student robotics controllers. For the most up to date information, and technical specifics, please visit the National Instruments roboRIO webpage. For more roboRIO support for FIRST Robotics Competition teams, visit ni.com/frc
This device is designed specifically with FIRST in mind. It's more powerful, lighter, and smaller than the previous cRIO. This controller will give FRC teams unmatched power starting in the FRC 2015 season. FIRST has a schematic which shows how the 2015 FRC control system is laid out, with the roboRIO as the central controlling unit.
For RoboRIO replacement contact NI.
- Phone: 866-511-6285
- Will my FRC Team receive the roboRio?
- Rookie teams receive a roboRIO in their Kit of Parts. Veteran teams do not receive one in the Kit, but you can purchase one through AndyMark.
- Will roboRIO support other programming languages?
- Yes, it will have the same language support as the current cRIO: LabVIEW, Java, and C++.
- How is roboRIO different from myRIO?
- Both devices use the Xilinx Zynq chipset (processor + FPGA) and use a lot of the same architecture. roboRIO has connectors and I/O specific for use in FIRST (e.g. CAN and PWM connectors), while the myRIO uses generic screw terminals for all I/O. The software experience will also differ between the devices initial since the roboRIO will require the FRC Suite. The roboRIO is also designed to be more rugged so that it can survive multiple FRC seasons through features such as con-formal coating and extra short protection.
- Can non FRC Teams purchase a roboRIO?
- FRC teams, affiliates, partners, and organizers can purchase roboRIO from AndyMark provided they will be used to support FRC teams and competitions. roboRIO will be made available for non-FRC purposes here (https://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/213308). If you are interested in getting more information when it is available for non-FRC purposes, please send us an e-mail at roboRIO@andymark.com
- Can I get more information on the roboRIO?
- You can check it out on the National Instruments website.
- We lost our power connector, where can I get more?
- The Sauro Connector CTF020V8 (am-2076) is the same one included with the roboRIO, just in a different color.