Ships From Sydney - NeveRest Classic 40 Gearmotor
Shipping from our Sydney location.The NeveRest 40 is a gearmotor with an attached encoder. The output shaft geometry and the gearbox housing diameter is similar to what FTC teams are familiar w...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
This is the same as part 'am-2964' as per the manual, these have the addition of power pole connectors pre-attached!
- According to the FIRST Tech Challenge Game Manual Part 1, Rule RE09, this is legal for the 2018 FTC Game.
- According to the FIRST Robotics Challenge Game Manual, Rule R33, this is legal for the 2018 FRC Game as it uses the NeveRest am-3104 motor.
Encoder Cable Options:
The NeveRest Classic 40 does not currently come with our am-2992 cable which has the white 4-pin connector for the encoder and also the black 4-pin connector for the HiTechnic and Modern Robotics motor controller. am-2993 is an optional encoder cable which has the white 4-pin connector on one end and 4 separate black connectors on the other end.
There is an encoder mounted to the back side of this motor. It is a 7 pulse per revolution (ppr), hall effect encoder. Since the motor's gearbox has a 40:1 reduction, then the NeverRest 40 output shaft provides 280 ppr.
Working with the Encoders:
Gearbox Reduction: 40:1
Voltage: 12 volt DC
No Load Free Speed, at gearbox output shaft: 160 rpm
Force Needed to Back-Drive: 12.8 oz-in
No Load Free Speed, motor only: 6,600 rpm
Gearbox Output Power: 14W
Stall Torque: 350 oz-in
Stall Current: 11.5 amps
Force Needed to Break Gearbox: 1478 oz-in
Minimum torque needed to back drive: 12.8 oz-in
Output counts per revolution of Output Shaft (cpr): 1120 (280 rises of Channel A)
Output pulse per revolution of encoder shaft (ppr): 28 (7 rises of Channel A)
Performance Specs, mounted to AndyMark dyno:
Max Speed (under load of dyno): 129 rpm
No Load Current (under load of dyno): 0.4 amps
Stall Current: 11.5 amps
Stall Torque: 396 oz-in
Max Output Power: 15 Watts
Time to Failure at Stall: 2 minutes, 54 seconds
Motor Case Temperature at Failure: 190 degrees F
- Electrical Connection Geometry: 6-pin connector for motor power and encoder contact
- Gauge: 18 AWG
- Lubrication: Included with gearbox
- Material: Steel
- Maximum Diameter: 37mm (1.46 in)
- Maximum thread depth: 3.5mm. Do not go beyond this
- Mounting Geometry: Six
- Output Shaft Size: 6mm (0.24 in) with 0.5mm deep flat
- Overall Length: 133.5mm (5.26 in)
- Weight: 0.75 lbs