Ship From Sydney - NeveRest Classic 40 Gearmotor
The NeveRest 40 is a gearmotor with an attached encoder. The output shaft geometry and the gearbox housing diameter is similar to what FTC teams are familiar with. The shaft is 6mm dia and the ...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
This is the same as part 'am-2964' as per the manual, these have the addition of power pole connectors pre-attached!
- According to the FIRST Tech Challenge Game Manual Part 1, Rule RE09, this is legal for the 2018 FTC Game.
- According to the FIRST Robotics Challenge Game Manual, Rule R33, this is legal for the 2018 FRC Game as it uses the NeveRest am-3104 motor.
Encoder Cable Options:
The NeveRest Classic 40 does not currently come with our am-2992 cable which has the white 4-pin connector for the encoder and also the black 4-pin connector for the HiTechnic and Modern Robotics motor controller. am-2993 is an optional encoder cable which has the white 4-pin connector on one end and 4 separate black connectors on the other end.
There is an encoder mounted to the back side of this motor. It is a 7 pulse per revolution (ppr), hall effect encoder. Since the motor's gearbox has a 40:1 reduction, then the NeverRest 40 output shaft provides 280 ppr.
Working with the Encoders:
Gearbox Reduction: 40:1
Voltage: 12 volt DC
No Load Free Speed, at gearbox output shaft: 160 rpm
Force Needed to Back-Drive: 12.8 oz-in
No Load Free Speed, motor only: 6,600 rpm
Gearbox Output Power: 14W
Stall Torque: 350 oz-in
Stall Current: 11.5 amps
Force Needed to Break Gearbox: 1478 oz-in
Minimum torque needed to back drive: 12.8 oz-in
Output counts per revolution of Output Shaft (cpr): 1120 (280 rises of Channel A)
Output pulse per revolution of encoder shaft (ppr): 28 (7 rises of Channel A)
Performance Specs, mounted to AndyMark dyno:
Max Speed (under load of dyno): 129 rpm
No Load Current (under load of dyno): 0.4 amps
Stall Current: 11.5 amps
Stall Torque: 396 oz-in
Max Output Power: 15 Watts
Time to Failure at Stall: 2 minutes, 54 seconds
Motor Case Temperature at Failure: 190 degrees F
- Electrical Connection Geometry: 6-pin connector for motor power and encoder contact
- Gauge: 18 AWG
- Lubrication: Included with gearbox
- Material: Steel,Steel with plastic encoder housing
- Maximum Diameter: 37mm (1.46 in)
- Maximum thread depth: 3.5mm. Do not go beyond this, or you can damage the plate and stop the motor.
- Mounting Geometry: Six, M3 tapped holes on a 31mm bolt circle
- Output Shaft Size: 6mm (0.24 in) with 0.5mm deep flat
- Overall Length: 133.5mm (5.26 in)
- Weight: 0.75 lbs