Ships From Sydney - 4 in. BB Mecanum Wheels
The 4 in. BB Mecanum Wheel is a lightweight, slim wheel. BB stands for Ball Bearing, referring to the bearings inside of each roller that make for incredibly smooth motion. This wheel was optimized...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
This item is currently out of stock
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
A full set consists of 2 "right" wheels and 2 "left" wheels. The "right" and "left" refer to the direction the rollers are pointing when viewing the wheel as if you're about to get run over by the wheel itself. If the roller in the middle of the wheel points up and to the right, it's a "right" wheel, and up and to the left would be a "left" wheel.
The configuration of these "right" and "left" wheels is important to a mecanum drive system! Be aware that the "right" wheel should not mean that it goes on the right side of your robot. The proper configuration would be to have the wheels create an "X" pattern when viewing your robot from above and drawing lines parallel to the rollers as viewed.
This means that a "right" wheel would be the FRONT RIGHT, and the REAR LEFT position, while the "left" wheel would be in the FRONT LEFT, and REAR RIGHT, of your robot when viewed from above. All 4 wheels are required to make a Mecanum drive holonomic system work properly.
- Nub Bore
- Perfect for FTC robots
- Compatible with Nubs as an attachment point to shafts and motors
Roller and Axle Design:The black TPU rubber roller has a durometer rating of 60A. The roller has a Polycarbonate core, and rides on a stationary brass tube.
Wheel Structure:12 rubber rollers are sandwiched between 2 steel plates. The two plates are held together by bolting the rollers in place.
These wheels can be purchased individually as Left or Right wheels.
Individual Hardware within Each Wheel:
- 2 - BB Mecanum Plates
- 1 - Hub
- 12 - Individual 4 in. Wheel Rollers
- 24 - Axle Bearings
- 12 - Brass Inner Sleeves
- 12 - M3 x 0.5 in Nylock Nuts
- 12 - M3 x 0.5 45 mm SHCS Screws
- Nub Bore Wheels
- For FTC Robots: If attached to a shaft or NeveRest motor, these parts are needed for each wheel.
- Attach an AndyMark Nub or Tetrix Motor Hub directly to the Nub Bore version of this wheel.
- Four 1.5 in long 6-32 screws such as am-1567 are required per wheel for this method.
- Body Material, Inner: molded black polycarbonate
- Body Material, Outer: 0.09 in. thick steel, zinc plated
- Bore: Nub Bore
- Diameter: 4 in.
- Number of Rollers: 12
- Roller Axle: Brass Tube
- Roller Bearing Material: Steel Ball Bearings
- Roller Durometer: 60A
- Roller Material, Inside: Polycarbonate
- Roller Material, Outside: TPU
- Total Width: 1.52 in.
- Weight: Single wheel: 0.84 lbs
- Width Inset: 1.23 in.