AM14U4 - 6 Wheel Drop Center Robot Drive Base - FIRST Kit of Parts Chassis
A large format, infinitely configurable platform is designed and built with performance in mind. You are getting a drive chassis that has three main configurations (Long, Square & Wide) just as...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
A large format, infinitely configurable platform is designed and built with performance in mind. You are getting a drive chassis that has three main configurations (Long, Square & Wide) just as it's starting options. The drop center wheel allows for smoother turning ability, while maintaining stability.
Perfect for prototyping robotic applications as well as being part of the final design!
The fourth major upgrade to this chassis with many more minor revisions. Our AM14U family of products have built upon the lessons learned since the first AM14U was designed in 2013. And it was a major upgrade to the C-base chassis that was part of the FIRST Kit of Parts since 2009.
This is the "AM" - "ONE" - "FOR" - "YOU"!
Shipping Box Size: 7 in. x 7 in. x 34 in.
Assembly is required and Cutting is required for anything smaller than a 32.3 in. x 31 in.frame. See the Assembly Videos below.
If this chassis is being used for the FIRST Robotics Competition, please consider the robot perimeter rules and size this chassis accordingly. The manual helps clearly show where to make cuts for different sizes, you can adapt your cuts to fit as needed.
NOTE: This chassis DOES NOT include the following as there are many options for each case:
- CIM motors (am-0255)
- Bumper Hardware Mount Kit (am-3966)
- Recommended method to mount bumpers to this chassis.
- Vertical Battery Mount Kit (am-3964a)
- Recommended method for Battery mounting to this chassis.
Various Frame Size Configurations:
Built on the same great features of previous AM14U family chassis, this can be configured into many different perimeter, wheel, and gearbox configurations. There are literally thousands of possible playing configurations.
- Smallest Frame size: 24.3 in. x 27 in.
- Largest Frame size: 32.3 in. x 31 in.
It is shipped as a Kit with plates that can build its large square configuration, without any components reduced in length. This makes it the largest possible size and allows for the user to trim the length and width of the chassis to become a long or wide version that fits into different the size constraints of each specific year. The assembly instructions show how it can be changed, be sure to check out the assembly videos as well.
Multiple Wheel And Build Configuration Options:
For even more wheel and build configurations, check out our AM14U4 upgrade kits.
The AM14U4 does not include encoders. The Toughbox Mini gearboxes included in the AM14U4 ship with a non-magnetic output shaft (am-2566a_K19) with a pre-installed 1/4" diameter steel dowel that is compatible with the US Digital E4T Encoder (am-3132). Teams also have the option of purchasing output shaft(s) that have a pre-installed magnet (am-2566a) that is compatible with the SRX Magnetic Encoder without magnet (am-3445_encoder). In order to use this encoder on the Toughbox Mini, our SRX Magnetic Encoder Mounting Hardware Kit (am-3565) must be used to mount each encoder.
Assembly Video Guides
Components in this Bundle:
- 2 - Inside Rail (am-3922)
- 2 - End Rail (am-3920)
- 2 - Outside Rail (am-3921)
- 2 - Toughbox Mini, 10.75:1 Ratio, No Shaft Plate (am-2598_107)
- 4 - Belt, Timing, Gates HTD, 15mm Wide, 160T, 800-5M-15 (am-2266)
- 4 - Belt, Timing, Gates HTD, 15mm Wide, 120T, 600-5M-15 (am-2704)
- 4 - Belt, Timing, Gates HTD, 15mm Wide, 131T, 655-5M-15 (am-2571)
- 2 - Churro, 24.25 in. Long (am-2974)
- 6 - 6 in. HiGrip Wheel, White (am-0940b)
- 28 - Screw, Self Tapping, 1/4-20 x 0.75 in. (am-1310)
- 4 - Nut, Nylock, 3/8-16 (am-1054)
- 4 - Screw, HHCS, 3/8-16 x 4250 (am-1297)
- 2 - Hex Spacer, Plastic, 0.50 in. id, 1.124 in. OD, 0.570 in. long (am-1305)
- 4 - Spacer, 0.280 in., 0.382 in. ID 0.518 in. OD, Plastic (am-1306)
- 4 - Spacer, 0.850 in., 0.380 in. ID 0.75 in. OD, Plastic (am-1307)
- 24 - Screw, SHCS, 10-32 x 500 (am-1002)
- 24 - Nut, Nylock, 10-32 (am-1042)
- 12 - Churro, 3.375 in. Long (am-2569)
- 2 - Hub, 500EX Hex (am-2568)
- 16 - Pulley, Timing, Half, 42 Tooth, HTD Profile, 15mm Wide (am-2234_half)
- 48 - Screw, Thread Forming, 10-24 x 1250, Steel Zinc (am-1266)
- 8 - Bearing, 3/8 in.ID 1614ZZ (am-0209)
- 2 - Bearing, 1/2 in. Hex Bore, Heavy Duty Inner Race, FR8ZZ-HexHD (am-2986)
To control this drive, you will need a power and control system like theElectronic Bundles kit, roboRIO, Spark Max, 4 CIM motors, and PDP (BCRX4CP). Many options available!
The chassis requires a minimum of twoCIM style motors (am-0255), but we recommend four CIMs to be competitive in situations like heavy robots, high traction, and pushing match situations that put a lot of load on the motors. You will also need at least one battery. We recommend the 2 Pack of Interstate Batteries (am-3062), and the 3 Bank 6 Amp Dual Pro RS3 Charger (am-2026). There are many options available here as well, take your pick!
- Center Drop Distance: 0.140 in. for Long Configuration, 0.07 in. for Wide Configuration
- Ratio: 10.75:1
- Weight: 25 lbs