AM14U4 (2019-2021) & AM14U5 (2022) Wheel Upgrades
$199.00 – $872.00
COMPATIBILITY NOTE: These upgrade kits are only compatible with The AM14U4 and AM14U5 purchased or received through the end of 2022 that use the ToughBox Mini Classic. The AM14U4 and AM14U5 are the...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
These upgrade kits are only compatible with The AM14U4 and AM14U5 purchased or received through the end of 2022 that use the ToughBox Mini Classic.
The AM14U4 and AM14U5 are the most versatile chassis for FIRST Robotics Competition teams. The chassis was named as such because there is a flavor of this AndyMark chassis for every one of you. A version of the AM14U family of chassis exists for every teams' need. All of the options available through this page include the upgrade components only and will not ship with an AM14U Family chassis.
Wheel Diameter Options:
- 4 inch
- 6 inch
- 8 inch
Drive Style Options:
- 6 Wheel Drop Center
- 8 Wheel Drop Center
- 4 Wheel, Mecanum
Wheel Type Options:
- HD Mecanum, rigid small profile mecanum wheels for precise driving in all directions.
- SR Mecanum, incredibly smooth-rolling mecanum wheels.
- MK Mecanum, large and high capacity mecanum wheels.
- Performance, high strength high load capacity metal wheels to be used with 1 in. wide replaceable tread.
- XL Performance, the same perks of Performance, but wider! These performance wheels are 0.5 in. wider than regular.
- DuraOmni, these omni wheels can be used in the corners of a U4 to create a rapid turning machine with virtually no scrub.
- Pneumatic SD, plastic hubbed wheels with inflated inner tubes to create a squishy grippy drive.
- Pneumatic HD, metal hubbed wheels with inflated inner tubes. A squishy grippy drive with an unbreakable hub.
- HiGrip, plastic wheels with a strong polycarbonate center and a grippy TPU outside.
Changes Beyond Bundles:
While we only list sixteen different upgrade kits here, you can further tweak these options by trying different types of tread on performance wheels, different durometers and diameters of HiGrip wheels, or adjusting the ratio in your gearboxes. If you don't see an option you like or want help configuring an option, contact us and we can help you find the right one.
Individual Components within Upgrade Kits:
Each of the upgrade options we offer includes the components and hardware needed to add the desired wheels and arrangement to the AM14U4/U5. Details of what goes in each upgrade kit can be found in this Bill of Materials Section.
- Diameter Options: 4in., 6in., 8in
- Product Lifecycle: <a href='/products/am14u5-2023-wheel-upgrades'>See the 2023 AM14U5 version.</a>
- Style Options: 4-Wheel Mecanum, 6-Wheel Drop-Center, 8-Wheel Drop-Center