8 in. SmoothGrip Wheel w/ 0.5 in. Bearings
This is a 2010 FIRST Wheel, provided in the FRC Kit of Parts, with two R8 ball bearings (1/2 inch bore) pressed into each wheel.Usage: Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws to attach sprockets or h...Read More
Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws to attach sprockets or hubs to this wheel. Three (3) screws are sufficient for each wheel. With Sprocket:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with a #25 series or #35 series sprocket, then the sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel, and two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The ball bearing must have a 1.125" od. For a 1/2" id, use am-0029. For a 3/8" id, use am-0209. Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws
- To press bearings into this wheel (for a free spinning wheel or for use with a sprocket), two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The ball bearing must have a 1.125 in. od. For a 1/2 in. id, use am-0029. For a 3/8 in. id, use am-0209.
Bearings were not made in the USA. All other components were designed, manufactured and assembled in the United States of America.
- Bolt Pattern: six holes (0.17 in. diameter) on a 1.875 in. diameter bolt circle.
- Bore: 0.5 in. diameter bearing bore
- CoF: 1.0 static (on tight pile carpet)
- Diameter: 8 in.
- Material: black polycarbonate,75A durometer urethane rubber
- Weight: 0.73 lbs
"Just what I needed"
"Not wheels for a robot but rather for a smooth operating camera dolly. This was a low budget get 'er done device. The wheels worked great."
Wheels worked incredible
We used Andy Mark wheels for a soapbox derby contest, and they worked out fantasitcally! thank you guys for all of your help