8 in. Plaction Wheel with Wedgetop Tread
Molded polycarbonate, 8 in. diameter high traction wheel with Wedgetop tread Included Hardware: Two - 8 in. Plaction Wheel Halves Six - Individual #10-32x1 in. SHCS Six - Individual #10-3...Read More
- Two - 8 in. Plaction Wheel Halves
- Six - Individual #10-32x1 in. SHCS
- Six - Individual #10-32 Nylock Nuts
- One - 8 in. Wheel Wedgetop Tread
- Two - Individual Alligator Clips
- One- Individual Alligator Clip Pins
There are two ways to drive this wheel. One way is with a Axle and Hub, and the other is with a Sprocket. To install a sprocket or hub onto a Plaction wheel, use 10-32 x 1.75" socket head screw (qty. 3 or 6), and 10-32 nylock nuts. To use one sprocket on each side of a Plaction wheel (2 sprockets total) use 10-32 x 2.5" screws (3 or 6) and 10-32 nylock nuts.
With Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an Axle and Hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs (except the Small DD Globe Hub) to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in the price of the wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed.
- If you wish to drive this wheel with a sprocket, then the sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel, and two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The smallest sprocket that will work with these wheels is a S35-24 tooth and a S25-36 tooth sprocket.
- If your design needs this wheel to spin on a stationary axle (and possibly be driven by a sprocket), you will need 2 bearings with a 1.125" od pressed into this wheel. Use am-0029 for a 1/2" bore and am-0209 for a 3/8" bore. One bearing is pressed into each side of the wheel. Bearings are NOT included in the price of this wheel.
- This wheel is designed to capture 1" wide conveyor belt tread (Roughtop or Wedgetop) between 2 wheel halves. The 6 perimeter screws can be loosened by 1/8 inch to install the desired tread. We recommend using Alligator Clips to hold the tread together on the wheel. One 8" Wheel Wedgetop Tread is included in the price of the wheel.
This wheel is designed so that a 7 in. PVC schedule 40 (estimated) pipe can be inserted between the two wheel halves to create a wider wheel (additional tread may be needed)
- Bolt Pattern: 6 Holes around a 1.875" diameter circle
- Bore: 1.124 in. bore, 0.25 in. deep on either side
- Diameter: 8 in.
- Load Capacity: 150 lbs (estimated)
- Material: Black Polycarbonate
- Tread Width: 1 in.
- Weight: 0.84 lbs
- Width: 1.00 in.
high quality wheel
well constructed wheel. Fits hubs perfectly.
When we have items shipped second or next day air it would be nice to know if the order was not going to get processed that day because when we want second day shipping that's what we needthere should be a response immediately so if the parts are not going out the same day we have the option of ordering them from somebody else
8" plaction wheel
Very flimsy plastic connections, but wheel is ok. The info on the accessories was not helpful.
Product Changed Without Notice!
Since a previous order for the same part this robotics season, the tread has changed! It's the same mold, but the material is different, and softer! Would have appreciated if the product description noted this change. Now I had to order more of the "new" style and will need to throw away the original parts.
Our team has used these wheels for 2 years now and really like the traction they give us. The tread isn't too hard to replace, though it does take some time. And we don't use them during outreaches as the tread quickly gets worn down when run on pavement.