6 in. SmoothGrip Wheel w/ 1/2 in. Bearings
This is the 2008 FIRST Wheel, provided to FRC teams in the Kit of Parts, with two R8 ball bearings (1/2 in.bore) pressed into each wheel. Usage: Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws to attach spr...Read More
0 reviewsWrite a Review
Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws to attach sprockets or hubs to this wheel. Three (3) screws are sufficient for each wheel.
- If you wish to drive this wheel with a sprocket, then the sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel, and one ball bearing needs to be pressed into the wheel (on one side). The ball bearing must have a 1.125 in. od. For a 1/2 in. id, use am-0030. For a 3/8 in. id, use am-0573. Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws
- To press beaings into this wheel (for a free spinning wheel or for use with a sprocket), two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The ball bearing must have a 1.125 in. od. For a 1/2 in. id, use am-0030. For a 3/8 in. id, use am-0573.
- More material has been added to each of the spokes, adding significant structural support
- More support for the bearing wall has been added
- A harder durometer rubber makes up the treads, providing less traction compared to the 2007 wheel
- Treads are a slightly darker color of gray
Made in the USA:
- Bolt Pattern: six holes (0.17 in. diameter) on a 1.875 in. diameter bolt circle
- Bore: 0.500 in. diameter bearing bore
- CoF: 0.9 static (on tight pile carpet)
- Diameter: 6 in.
- Material: black polycarbonate, 75A durometer urethane rubber
- Product Lifecycle: replaced by <a href='https://www.andymark.com/products/6-in-smoothgrip-wheel?Durometer=80A%20(am-0144a)'>am-am-0144a</a>
- Weight: 0.51 lbs