6 in. SmoothGrip Wheel
This is the 2008 FIRST Wheel, provided to FRC teams in the Kit of Parts. No bearings are included. Usage: Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws to attach sprockets or hubs to this wheel. Three (3) ...Read More
Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws to attach sprockets or hubs to this wheel. Three (3) screws are sufficient for each wheel.
With Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an Axle and Hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs (except the Small DD Globe Hub) to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in the price of the wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed. To install a hub onto a 6 in. FIRST Wheel, use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws.
- If you wish to drive this wheel with a sprocket, then the sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel, and two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The ball bearing must have a 1.125 in. od. For a 1/2 in. id, use am-0030. For a 3/8 in. id, use am-0573. Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws
- To press bearings into this wheel (for a free spinning wheel or use with a sprocket), two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The ball bearing must have a 1.125 in. od. For a 1/2 in. id, use am-0030. For a 3/8 in. id, use am-0573.
- More material has been added to each of the spokes, adding significant structural support
- More support for the bearing wall has been added
- A harder durometer rubber makes up the treads, providing less traction compared to the 2007 wheel
- Treads are a slightly darker color of gray
- Bolt Pattern: six holes (0.17 in. diameter) on a 1.875 in. diameter bolt circle
- Bore: 0.95 in. diameter through hole, with two 1.125 in. diameter bearing pockets
- Diameter: 6 in.
- Load Capacity: 90 lbs
- Material: black polycarbonate,75A durometer urethane rubber
- Weight: 0.51 lbs
Wheels are great quality and seem very tough. However, the treads are slightly cupped and as a result they are slightly over sized. Otherwise a great buy!
The wheel surface was concave which is good for traction, yet we were expecting them to have a smoother wheel surface (like we had on the kit bot wheels from 2011)