6 in. Plaction Wheel w/ Wedgetop Tread
Molded polycarbonate, 6 in. diameter high traction wheel with Wedgetop tread Included Hardware: Two - 6 in. Plaction Wheel Halves Six - Individual #10-32x1 in. SHCS Six - Individual #10-3...Read More
- Two - 6 in. Plaction Wheel Halves
- Six - Individual #10-32x1 in. SHCS
- Six - Individual #10-32 Nylock Nuts
- One - 6 in. Wheel Wedgetop Tread
- Two - Individual Alligator Clips
- One- Individual Alligator Clip Pins
There are two ways to drive this wheel. One way is with a Axle and Hub, and the other is with a Sprocket. To install a sprocket or hub onto a Plaction wheel, use 10-32 x 1.75 in. socket head screw (qty. 3 or 6), and 10-32 nylock nuts. To use one sprocket on each side of a Plaction wheel (2 sprockets total) use 10-32 x 2.5 in. screws (3 or 6) and 10-32 nylock nuts.
With Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an Axle and Hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs (except the Small DD Globe Hub) to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in the price of the wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed.
- If you wish to drive this wheel with a sprocket, then the sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel, and two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The smallest sprocket that will work with these wheels is a S35-24 tooth and a S25-36 tooth sprocket.
- If your design needs this wheel to spin on a stationary axle (and possibly be driven by a sprocket), you will need 2 bearings with a 1.125 in. od pressed into this wheel. Use am-0029 for a 1/2 in. bore and am-0209 for a 3/8 in. bore. One bearing is pressed into each side of the wheel. Bearings are NOT included in the price of this wheel.
- This wheel is designed to capture 1 in. wide conveyor belt tread (Roughtop or Wedgetop) between 2 wheel halves. The 6 perimeter screws can be loosened by 1/8 in. to install the desired tread. We recommend using Alligator Clips to hold the tread together on the wheel. One 6 in. Wheel Wedgetop Tread is included in the price of the wheel.
This wheel is designed so that a 5 in. PVC schedule 40 pipe can be inserted between the two wheel halves to create a wider wheel (additional tread may be needed).
- Bolt Pattern: 12 Holes around a 1.875" diameter circle, every other hole is sunken
- Bore: 1.124 in. bore, 0.25 in. deep on either side
- Diameter: 6 in.
- Load Capacity: 150 lbs (estimated)
- Material: Black Polycarbonate
- Tread Width: 1 in.
- Weight: 0.81 lbs
- Width: 1.00 in.
First time using this product. I am amazed on how well it works in testing. Hopefully it works that well in competition.
Great Wheels, traction is amazing
LARGE wheels but will assist with traction needed fr ramps.
6" Plaction Wheel w Wedgetop
This was good for our prototype but not what we need for a final product.
One side of the wheel goes out a little further than the other, so if distance is a concern, be careful. The nut/head holding a hub or sprocket on sticks the opposite side if there is near zero clearance (as in throwing a frisbee).