6 in. Performance Wheel 500 Key Bore
The 6 in. Performance Wheel is a competition-proven design used by many top teams over the years. This wheel design incorporates a novel way of attaching tread, and also allows for sprockets to be ...Read More
This item is currently out of stock
Be of the first to know when this item becomes available
Sign up for a notification when available
0 reviewsWrite a Review
For tread mounting instructions, click here!
* Load Testing: we applied 700 pound
Tread Attachment: Here is a new method for attaching tread to an AndyMark performance wheel. This method was designed and tested by three experienced FIRSTers, Aren Hill, Austin Schuh, and Adam Heard, during the 2012 FRC season.
In this design, the tread, wraps around the wheel, through a slot, and is secured with a zip-tie to an anchor point. The pictures below show tread being attached to a 4" Performance Wheel. 6" and 8" wheels follow the same steps. Here is the recommended method for installation:
- Prepare Tread: Cut tread to a length long enough to wrap around the wheel with an overlap. Narrow each end of the tread about 3/16 in. on each side, leaving about 1/2 in. to 5/8 in. tab centered on the tread. This allows excess length of tread to fit through the slot and into the center of the wheel. To make assembly easier, it is also useful to sand down the tread on the narrowed ends. Make one hole on each end centered at minimum 0.25 away from the end of the tread to allow a ziptie to pass through.
- Put both ends of the tread together with the rubber sides facing each other. Place a strong ziptie (am-1189 recommended) through the holes in the tread. Do not connect and close the ziptie yet!
- Thread the ziptie and the ends of the tread through the slot on the performance wheel.
- Flip the tread so the rubber side is facing outwards and wrap around wheel.
- Secure zip tie to the anchor point between the wheel spokes.
- Congratulations! Your wheel is complete.
- Bore: 1/2" diameter hole with 1/8" wide keyway
- Diameter: 5.70 in. without tread attached,6 in. after tread is attached
- Load Capacity: 500 lbs*
- Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Sprocket Mounting Holes: 6 threaded thru holes for #10-32 screw on a 1.875" diameter bolt circle
- Tread Width: 1 in.
- Weight: 0.60 lbs.