4 in. Standard Mecanum, Wheel Set
This is a set of four AndyMark Mecanum wheels, sold in unassembled kits as four of am-2538. All four wheels use the same parts, you just assemble them in different configurations to create two left...Read More
Here is where you can find replacement rollers: /product-p/am-2539.htm
- Eight - Mecanum Body Halves
- Fourty-Eight - Individual 4-40 x 1/2" PPHS
- Fourty-Eight - Individual Rollers
- Fourty-Eight - Individual Washers
- Twenty-Four - Wheel Spindle
- Twenty-Four - Individual 4-40 x 1" STS
This wheel is designed to directly mount to any of our Nubs for gearbox attachment.
To use with Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an Axle and Hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs (except the Small DD Globe Hub) to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in the price of the wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed. To install a hub onto a 6" Mecanum Wheel, use Hardware Kit 2.
- Bolt Circle: 0.138 in. (3.5 mm) diameter holes on 0.630 in. (16 mm) bolt circle,0.200 in. (5.1 mm) diameter holes on 1.875 in. (47.6 mm) bolt circle
- Bore: 0.315 in. (8 mm)
- Diameter: 4 in. (100mm)
- Forward / Reverse Coefficient of Friction: 0.51 on FTC Soft-tile
- Load Capacity: 17 lbs (7.7 kg) per wheel or 50 lbs (31.6 kg) per set of 4
- Material: 50/50 ABS & PC,TPU polyurethane,Nylon
- Roller Durometer: 80A
- Rollers: 6,with each being 2 independent rollers
- Sideways CoF: 0.67 on FTC Soft-tile
- Weight: 0.35 lbs per wheel
- Width Across Middle: 1.125 in. (28.6 mm)
- Width at Rollers: 2.0 in. (50 mm)
Great for FTC
Very good quality Mecanum wheels.
Super Easy Web ordering
2018 FTC Purchases Western Hills High School
I was very pleased with the quality and service. Items ordered were received expeditiously.
Easy to assemble. Please send extra spacers and screws on future orders. We lost a piece or 2
4" Standard Mecanum, Wheel Set (am-2626)
Wheels are working great on the robot.
Great looking wheels
Great wheels -looks cool and kids love it. We weren't able to use them at FTC since it failed the field test :(. (AndyMark Response 9/20/16 : The FTC tile test is to ensure a robot/wheels do not damage the Soft Tile playing surface. This dynamic of the robot is dependent on the wheel, weight of the robot, and gear ratio. We have seen many teams use these wheels with successes over the last few years.)
They work, but they're fragile
I had a couple of these get busted up in shipping when I shipped my robot to the west coast. So, I had to buy a couple more sets for spares. Just beware that while they do work, they're not the most robust solution out there.
Andy has an excellent service.
Nice wheels but...
Nice wheels but we've been having trouble getting our robot to strafe... (AndyMark Response 12/1/14: If you continue to experience difficulties with the wheels please contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org, and we would be happy to help you troubleshoot.)
The wheels are great, but it would have been good for to indicate what size screw was needed to attached the wheel to the hub connector. Would have been better to include them in the kit. (AndyMark Response: The 4 holes near the center of the wheel are clearance holes for a #6 screw, this is the standard screw size used within the Tetrix system. The 6 holes farther out are the AndyMark standard pattern for a #10 screw. Thanks)
I haven't played with the wheels much yet, but service was great!
FTC? Look elsewhere
PROBLEM #1 - One of the wheels did not have the BIG BLACK HUB for the wheel. Not a small screw or a tiny plastic washer, the main part of the wheel. We called immediately to have the part shipped to us. We were told to expect in the next couple of days. PROBLEM #2 A WEEK later it came. PROBLEM #3 It was only part of the hub! PROBLEM #4 It was promised to be over-nighted. STILL NOT HERE. PROBLEM #5 We have a tournament that we have spent thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours preparing for and we only have 3 functioning wheels. PROBLEM #6 The wheels fell a short distance to the ground and cracked one of the rollers. We accept fault for dropping it but I would expect a lot better quality. Strengths: The wheels turn and look nice. Weakness: Poor quality. Look elsewhere. Very little traction on mats. Plastic. Cheap plastic on top of that. Spend your money on quality. (AndyMark Response: We have created white paper (http://files.andymark.com/4inWheelDurabilityWhitePaper.pdf) to discuss these issues and our testing on these wheels.)