4 in. Standard Mecanum, Single Wheel
This is a single AndyMark Mecanum-style wheel, 4" in diameter, sold in an unassembled kit. The left and right-handed wheels use the same parts, and simply need to be assembled in different fashions...Read More
A set of four wheels is available as a kit found here, am-2626(Wheel Set).
Replacement rollers can be found here: 4" Standard Mecanum Roller Kit, Single Axle (am-2539)
- Two - Mecanum Body Halves
- Twelve - Individual 4-40 x 1/2" PPHS
- Twelve - Individual Rollers
- Twelve - Individual Washers
- Six - Wheel Spindle
- Six - Individual 4-40 x 1" STS
This wheel is designed to directly mount to a Tetrix Wheel Hub.
To use with Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an Axle and Hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs (except the Small DD Globe Hub) to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in the price of the wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed.
- Bolt Circle: 0.138 in. (3.5 mm) diameter holes on 0.630 in. (16 mm) bolt circle,0.200 in. (5.1 mm) diameter holes on 1.875 in. (47.6 mm) bolt circle
- Bore: 0.315 in. (8 mm)
- Diameter: 4 in. (100mm)
- Forward / Reverse Coefficient of Friction: 0.51 on FTC Soft-tile
- Load Capacity: 17 lbs (7.7 kg) per wheel or 50 lbs (31.6 kg) per set of 4
- Material: 50/50 ABS & PC,TPU polyurethane,Nylon
- Roller Durometer: 80A
- Rollers: 6, with each being 2 independent rollers
- Sideways CoF: 0.67 on FTC Soft-tile
- Weight: 0.35 lbs per wheel (0.16 kg)
- Width Across Middle: 1.125 in. (28.6 mm)
- Width at Rollers: 2.0 in. (50 mm)
Good starter Mecanum
These Mecanum are noticeably worse than the HD version but for an FTC team with a light bot they can work well and they're a LOT cheaper.
Just in time - because we should have had a spare!
We used these wheels on our FTC robot in the 2014-2015 Cascade Effect challenge. They were great the whole season, but the weekend before the World Championship, one spike broke. We ordered online, and AndyMark met us at the tournament with spare wheels! Great customer service, and a great wheel. Thank you!
"Just in time - because we should have had a spare!"
"We used these wheels on our FTC robot in the 2014-2015 Cascade Effect challenge. They were great the whole season, but the weekend before the World Championship, one spike broke. We ordered online, and AndyMark met us at the tournament with spare wheels! Great customer service, and a great wheel. Thank you!"
"I wish these were sturdier"
"These mecanum wheels are made from plastic. So, they are easily broken. They fit the AM hubs without a problem and once they're on, they work fine. It's just that the rollers are really hanging out there and they're easy to snap off. Fortunately, AM has replacement parts (except for the hubs) But, I'd really like to see some 4" aluminium wheels that fit the AM hubs."