The body is made from black polycarbonate, while the rollers are each molded with a nylon core and TPU tread. These rollers spin smoothly on a captured 1/8" x 1.875" dowel pin.
This image shows how to attach the DuraOmni to the AM14U2
- Bolt Pattern: 6 holes (0.157 in.) on a 1.875 in. bolt circle
- Bore: 1.125 in. diameter x 0.36 in. deep with a 0.96 in. diameter thru hole
- Diameter: 4 in.
- Load Capacity: 120 Lbs.
- Material: Black Polycarbonate (body),White Nylon (inside of roller),Gray TPU Rubber (outside of roller)
- Roller Axle: 1/8 in. diameter steel dowel pin
- Roller Durometer: 80A
- Rollers: 8
- Weight: 0.59 Lbs.
- Width Across Middle: 2 in.
4" Dura Omnis
FIRST Team 1747 used 8 of these in the fabrication of an h-drive/slide drive. The wheels seem to work well. They offer great traction and reduced vibration in comparison to other omni wheel offerings. We've seen fairly aggressive wear so far on the rollers, but it hasn't proven to be an issue and is part of the usual traction vs wear life trade off. In using these wheels it is important that they are mounted perpendicular to the surface they are intended to contact. Angular misalignment can lead to the wheel body contacting the ground. Great product as always. I'd highly suggest them over the other 4" offerings.