This is the entire C-Base Chassis Kit distributed in the 2013 FRC team
kit, all of the items AndyMark put into the FIRST FRC kit except for the
Battery Plugs (am-0122), 9015 Motor (am-0912), and PG71 Gearmotor (am-2971).
This un-assembled kit includes the 6" HiGrip FIRST Wheel wheels and two Toughbox Mini gearboxes with flat mount plates. The 30" C-Base chassis is used as the foundation of this robot drivetrain.
The power transmission system for this chassis is Gates 15mm wide HTD timing belts and polycarbonate pulleys.
This Chassis Kit can be configured in a long, 6-wheel setup or a wide, 4-wheel setup.
- Width: Variable in 1" increments, with 32.25" maximum
- Length: Variable in 1" increments, with 32.25" maximum
- Estimated Load Capacity: 600 lbs based on wheels
- Motors: 2 CIM motors
- Weight: 26 pounds
- Power Transmission Method: Gates 15mm wide HTD timing belt
- Drive Sprocket: 39 tooth
- Driven Sprockets: 42 tooth
- Reduction Ratio: 1.08:1 ratio from the gearbox to the wheels, 11.53:1 ratio from CIM Motors to wheels
- Top speed: 9.7 feet/sec (approximate), with 150 pounds total robot weight
As AndyMark continues to support robotics education in the FIRST platform, we have extended our support to curriculum. We are happy to share with educators our first curriculum for the AndyMark C-Base Drive Chassis. This comprehensive curriculum is designed around common core standards for 11th and 12th grades, and focuses on building, manufacturing and applying physics to design and testing in Technology Design or Robotics Education classes. This is a complete curriculum packet developed specifically for the am-2239 C-Base Drive Chassis. The curriculum includes 4 complete lessons that will allow teachers to provide hands-on learning for students while teaching engineering and design concepts. The curriculum includes student assessment and evaluation tools and fulfills requirement for the ITEEA and Common Core Standards. The curriculum is provided at no cost with the purchase of an am-2239.
Below is the curriculum overview. You can find resources for this curriculum on the 2013 Curriculum page.