Have you lost OpenMesh Radio power during a match because the barrel came unplugged? You can keep that from happening ever again by using this Power Over Ethernet (POE) injector. This injector inserts POE power to a CAT5 Ethernet data cable on the unused Ethernet pins 4,5(+) and 7,8(-) allowing you to stop the worry about the barrel connector failures.
The barrel connector will still need to be used but it can move to a more secure location that can be wrapped with electrical tape to keep it in place better than attempting to tape it to the back of the OpenMesh Radio.
Plug in the RJ-45 of this unit to your roboRIO, plug the same 12V barrel connector from your Voltage Regulator Module (VRM) into the power port, securely tape it in place with electrical tape (better than awkwardly to the back to the OpenMesh Radio), and run an Ethernet cable from the female port to the Ethernet port closes to the power input on your OpenMesh Radio.
- Materials: UL Rated Materials, Meets RoHS Requirements
- Voltage Rating: 60VDC Maximum
- RJ45 Jack: Shielded CAT5 Rated, Gold Plated Contacts
- RJ45 Power Pins: 4,5(+) 7,8(-)
- DC Jack or Plug: 5.5 x 2.1mm, Shrouded
- DC Wire Size: 28AWG x 4
- CAT5 Wire Size: 28AWG x 8, Shielded
- Cable Length: 165mm (6.5")
- Total Length: 254mm (10")
- Weight: 31g (1.1oz)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 80°C (-40 to 176°F)