This is a set of four 8" HD Mecanum Wheels. This set includes two 8" Mecanum HD Wheels - Left and two 8" Mecanum HD Wheels - Right. These wheels are sold in unassembled kits. This wheel is an improved design over the regular 8" Mecanum Wheels. This part is designed and made in Indiana, USA.
Improvements over the regular 8" Mecanum Wheels:
Specifications (for an individual wheel):
- Higher Weight Capacity: The higher weight capacity is achieved through the 8" Mecanum Support Spacer. Using this spacer in place of the 1600 Spacer increases the load capacity from about 80lbs/wheel to 500 lbs/wheel. This spacer is molded to support each individual tab on the aluminum side plates (am-0631 and am-0630) of the mecanum wheel. This reduces the risk that the side plates bend and the roller axles will become misaligned.
- Smoother Motion: By adding the outer rollers to the 8" mecanum wheels we achieve a smoother rolling wheel. During the transition from one of the 12 inner rollers to the next, the outer roller hits the ground and decreases the amount of up and down motion.
- Diameter: 8 inch
- Bore: 1.124 inch
- Bolt Pattern: 6 holes (0.2 in diameter) on a 1.875 inch diameter circle
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Load Capacity: 500 Pounds per wheel
- Coefficient of Friction, Forward/Backwards: .7
- Coefficient of Friction, Sideways: .6
- Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Number of Rollers: 12 Inner Rollers, 24 Outer Rollers
- Roller Material, Surface: Urethane
- Roller Material, Core: Polycarbonate
- Roller Durometer: 65A
- Roller Bearing Material: Brass
- Roller Axle: #10 screw
With Axle and Hub: If the wheel is being driven directly by a rotating shaft (like one on the Toughbox), then use an AndyMark hub, like the 500 Key Hub to mount directly to the shaft. Also, some spacers and a 1/4-20 screw and a 1/4" washer to cap the end of the shaft will hold the hub (and wheel) onto the shaft.
If driven by a sprocket, these parts are needed:
- Flanged ball bearings with 1.125" od: AndyMark offers a 3/8" id version (am-0573), and a 1/2" id version (am-0030)
- One 250 Sprocket Spacer and one 550 Sprocket Spacer are needed to space the sprocket out away from the wheel, so the chain clears the edge of the wheel.
- A sprocket with a bolt hole circle of 1.875" diameter mounts to the wheels'' interior screws.