The output shaft as been changed to a shorter steel shaft, as the original aluminum longer version was not holding up to usage.
This is AndyMark's newest shifting two-speed transmission, with all the features you already enjoyed on a Sonic Shifter, plus a third motor input. This shift-on-the-fly gearbox, uses a dog gear shifting method. Motor input accepts three CIM motors, three AM Planetary Gearboxes or a combination of either.
Three main differences between this transmission and the Sonic Shifter:
- Super Sonic Shifter can have 3 CIM Motor input.
- Super Sonic Shifter has a larger (50T) gear meshing with the CIM gear (14T).
- Super Sonic Shifter does not have the last stage that the Sonic Shifter (and Super Shifter) does have.
- Low Ratio: 11.4:1
- High Ratio: 4.5:1
- The output shaft is centered on the gearbox.
- Three CIM motor inputs are symmetrically centered on the gearbox.
- The Super Sonic Shifter is the lightest of the AndyMark line of shifters, lighter than the AM Shifter, Super Shifter, and Sonic Shifter
- Will be shipped with an am-3132 encoder pre-installed.
shifting methods are available for the Super Sonic Shifter. The pneumatic
method is much stronger and faster than the servo method.
- A pneumatic cylinder, Bimba model 04-0.5-DP, 3/4" bore x 1/2" stroke, (not included) shifts between high and low gear. This cylinder mounts with a 5/8-18 nut
(not included). This is a strong, fast method of shifting, lasting
under 0.5 seconds and pushing with 26 pounds of force (if using 60 psi).
This pneumatic shift can be done while a robot is accelerating.
- A Servo Shifting hardware pack is available (am-2297), but not included with this product.
- A Hi-Tech Servo, model HS-422HD is included in am-2297,
using an actuation fork to shift between the 2 gear settings. This is a
slow, weaker method of shifting (compared to pneumatic), taking 1.5-2
seconds and pushing with up to 8.5 pounds of force. A robot driver may
need to back off of the throttle to let a servo shift gears while
- Super Sonic Shifters come with needed hardware to mount 3 CIM Motors (not included)
- Designed for 3 (or 2 or 1) motor inputs
- Use CIM motors or AM Planetary Gearboxes or a combination of both
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thorough grease of the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.