Information and pricing below reflects the rates and equipment needed to facilitate the 2016 game FIRST STRONGHOLD. This information will be updated late March / early April to reflect pricing for FIRST STEAMWORKS offseason events.
Rental cost of field components include all necessary insurance coverage required by FIRST for field rental. Each event will have field components delivered to the event venue by AndyMark staff via a 26' box truck with lift gate unless otherwise specified.
Field Perimeter Rental - $500
This fee will cover the use of the mechanical portions of the field. This fee helps us cover the costs of transporting the field to the AndyMark warehouse in the spring and back to
FIRST in the fall along with the costs of field component maintenance and repair. This will include the following:
- Field perimeter and drivers station components
- Two 2016 Tower Sets including batter and goals
- Enough Gaffers tape for on field use only
- Cable ties to mount field hardware and wiring
- The tools, ladders, and hardware needed to assemble the field.
- Game Specific Rental - $200
This fee will cover the rental of the game specific elements. For 2016 this includes the following:
- Two - Tower Sets including batter and goals
- One - Full defense set - Including:
- 2x Low Bar
- 2x Cheval de Frise
- 2x Moat
- 2x Ramparts
- 2x Drawbridge
- 2x Sally Port
- 2x "Rock Wall"
- 2x Rough Terrain
NOTE: This set does not include the portcullis. FIRST has determined the portcullis to be a safety hazard and is not available for use at off-season events.
- Field Management System Rental - $300
This fee will cover the field electronics required for 2015 scoring, field lighting, robot connection, and tournament management - including the referee scoring panels. This will include all electronics as they were provided for Regional FIRST events. The FMS can only be rented if your event will have a FIRST approved Field Technical Advisor (FTA) attending the event for both setup and game play. Local FTAs can be used or AndyMark is able to send staff members for the FTA role.
- Field Technical Advisor (FTA) Service - $500
Some events/regions have an FTA to help work them through their event. Other areas need us to come help. If your event needs electronics and does not have an FTA willing to attend, this cost will ensure an AndyMark FTA is present to setup and run FMS equipment. We encourage events to find a local FTA to help at their event.
We WILL NOT provide your competition with:
Event Transportation Fee - $2.50 per mile
AndyMark can bring the field to your event in our truck for a cost of $2.50 per mile traveled to an from the event. If it seems appropriate to make alternative shipping arrangements we can work with you to do this.
- Boulder Usage - $500-$1000
A set of 33 boulders is available to rent for $500. These boulders are used but deemed usable for competition play. These boulders must be sent back with the field at the end of the event
A set of 33 boulders is also available to purchase for $1000. These boulders are new and can be kept at the end of the event.
- Spare Gaffers/Duct Tape for queuing areas, signs, non-field equipment. We sell this gaffer's tape here.
- A practice field
- A/V Equipment (see below for details on interfacing A/V equipment with the FMS system)
- Labor to help assemble the field A volunteer crew is required for load-in/out, field assembly, and event operation.
Terms of Using the Field:
- We require a $500 deposit for use of the field up front. This is due no later than 60 days before the beginning of your event. This fee will be refundable until 30 days before your event. The field is not considered reserved for your event until we receive the deposit.
To use this field, you must:
Contact Liz Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, to check availability of the field for your weekend and for details about field reservation. AndyMark will only support events during the months of May-November. For any other special events please contact FIRST directly.
Interfacing with the FMS System
- The FMS system has component or VGA out for a video mixer to add the live video with live score.
- The FMS system also comes with a laptop with a VGA output for the standings screen, usually located in the pit area. If the pits are in a different room than the pit display, an Ethernet line will need to be supplied from the scoring table to this laptop as well.
- The FMS system has a standard 3.5mm audio jack for field sound output.
Interested in having a smaller competition and don't need a whole field?
AndyMark Field Perimeter Available for Purchase.
An alternative to using our field is to build a lower cost field out of wood. We have a complete design available for anyone to use, if they wish. The raw material cost to make this field border is approximately $1000. This cost does not include the polycarbonate, the 2015-specific game elements, or any of the field electronics. Smaller Wooden components may be available to borrow and use at smaller local demos and events.
In order to save on costs, areas may opt to purchase a field perimeter for future use. Once a field is purchased AndyMark can help assist with sourcing game specific elements, but groups may be responsible for their own transportation costs.
FIRST is available, to be used at events without a full FMS scoring system setup. (Updated 5/25/16)
If you need the option of putting together a wooden field, see the
wooden FRC field perimeter designed in 2008.
- 2 Scoring display software from AndyMark is available, to be used for scoring display at events without a full FMS scoring system setup: ScoreKeeper 2012 by AndyMark Inc. (new version 1.2)
- This is for live scoring display purposes and is a stand alone program. Syncing the timer is by human operation only.