Below you can find archived information regarding our pricing and policies for the FIRST STEAMWORKS game from 2017. Information regarding FIRST POWER UP will become available on this page late April and early May. Please email email@example.com for all inquiries.
Rental cost of field components include all necessary insurance coverage required by FIRST for field rental. Each event will have field components delivered to the event venue by AndyMark staff via a 26' box truck with lift gate unless alternate plans are cooridnated and agreed upon.
Any rule changes must be approved by AndyMark at a minimum 1 week prior to the event. AndyMark will try to accommodate required rules changes but may not be able to facilitate all requests.
Field Perimeter Rental - $500
This fee will cover the use of the mechanical portions of the field. This fee helps us cover the costs of transporting the field to the AndyMark warehouse in the spring and back to
FIRST in the fall along with the costs of field component maintenance and repair. This will include the following:
- Either Welded Field perimeter OR AndyMark Extruded Field Perimeter and drivers station components
- Enough Gaffers tape for on field use only
- Cable ties to mount field hardware and wiring
- The tools, ladders, and hardware needed to assemble the field.
Use of used Playing Field Carpet - $100
- Game Specific Rental Options- $600-$200
This fee will cover the rental of the game specific elements. For 2016 this includes the following:
- $600 - Steamworks field specific components, with serializer and fully-wired airships, with (all or some) ref panels
- $400 - Steamworks field specific components, with serializer and no airship wiring, with (all or some) ref panels
- $300 - Steamworks field specific components, without serializers and no airship wiring, with (all or some) ref panels (aka: Demo field with FMS)
- $200 - Steamworks field specific components, without serializers and no airship wiring, without ref panels, without FMS (aka: Demo field without FMS)
If no serializer is used, then ball buckets will be provided by AndyMark for manual fuel scoring after the match has ended. Additional ball-counting volunteers will be required by the event.
No airship wiring has none of these items on the airship:
No steam tank lights
Scoring for these elements will have to be done manually after the match is over.
No rotors, rotor sensors and no rotor motors
No touch pad sensors or lights
No steam pipe and no steam pipe lights
- Field Management System Rental - $300
This fee will cover the field electronics required for 2017 scoring, field lighting, robot connection, and tournament management - including the referee scoring panels. This will include all electronics as they were provided for Regional and district FIRST events with the exception on the elements opted out of in the "Game Specific Component" Section. The FMS can only be rented if your event will have a FIRST approved FIRST Technical Advisor (FTA) attending the event for both setup and game play.
- FIRST Technical Advisor (FTA) Service - $600
Some events/regions have an FTA to help work them through their event. Other areas need us to come help. If your event needs electronics and does not have an FTA willing to attend, this cost will ensure an AndyMark FTA is present to setup and run FMS equipment. We encourage events to find a local FTA to help at their event.
We WILL NOT provide your competition with:
Event Transportation Fee - $2.50 per mile
AndyMark can bring the field to your event in our truck for a cost of $2.50 per mile traveled to an from the event. If it seems appropriate to make alternative shipping arrangements we can work with you to do this on a case by case basis.
- Game Piece Usage - $600-$1200
If needed, a set of game pieces is available to rent for $600. These Fuel Balls and Gears are used but deemed usable for competition play. They must be sent back with the field at the end of the event
A set of 1224 fuel and 65 Gears is available for purchase for $1200. These are new and can be kept at the end of the event.
- Spare Gaffers/Duct Tape for queuing areas, signs, non-field equipment. We sell this gaffer's tape here.
- A practice field
- Gym Floor Protection Events will be required to source their own tarps and hardboard.
- A/V Equipment (see below for details on interfacing A/V equipment with the FMS system)
- Labor to help assemble the field A volunteer crew is required for load-in/out, field assembly, and event operation.
For use of the field, the event must agree to provide the following during the event:
- Volunteers or staff that fill the following roles: Head Referee, Field Supervisor, Scorekeeper, Lead Queue, and a minimum of 6 field reset people.
- The following roles are also recommended: MC, Announcer, Volunteer Coordinator, DJ, 6 Referees, Facilities Coordinator, 6 additional field reset people.
Terms of Using the Field:
- We require a $500 deposit for use of the field up front. This is due no later than 60 days before the beginning of your event. This fee will be refundable until 30 days before your event. The field is not considered reserved for your event until we receive the deposit.
- A contract outlining event requirements and agreed services will need to be signed in order to reserve a field from AndyMark.
To use this field, you must:
Contact our off season committe, firstname.lastname@example.org, to check availability of the field for your weekend and for details about field reservation. AndyMark will only support events during the months of May-November. For any other special events please contact FIRST directly.
Interfacing with the FMS System
- The FMS system has component or VGA out for a video mixer to add the live video with live score.
- The FMS system also comes with a laptop with a VGA output for the standings screen, usually located in the pit area. If the pits are in a different room than the pit display, an Ethernet line will need to be supplied from the scoring table to this laptop as well.
- The FMS system has a standard 3.5mm audio jack for field sound output.
Interested in having a smaller competition and don't need a whole field?
AndyMark Field Perimeter Available for Purchase.
An alternative to using our field is to build a lower cost field out of wood. We have a complete design available for anyone to use, if they wish. The raw material cost to make this field border is approximately $1000. This cost does not include the polycarbonate, the 2015-specific game elements, or any of the field electronics. Smaller Wooden components may be available to borrow and use at smaller local demos and events.
In order to save on costs, areas may opt to purchase a field perimeter for future use. Once a field is purchased AndyMark can help assist with sourcing game specific elements, but groups may be responsible for their own transportation costs.
FIRST is available, to be used at events without a full FMS scoring system setup. (Updated 5/25/16)
If you need the option of putting together a wooden field, see the
wooden FRC field perimeter designed in 2008.
- 2 Scoring display software from AndyMark is available, to be used for scoring display at events without a full FMS scoring system setup: ScoreKeeper 2012 by AndyMark Inc. (new version 1.2)
- This is for live scoring display purposes and is a stand alone program. Syncing the timer is by human operation only.