The NeveRest is a gearbox and motor combination with an attached encoder designed with FIRST Tech Challenge teams in mind, by including geometry that matches existing bolt patterns. The shaft is 6mm in diameter and the gearbox housing is 37mm in diameter. The power cable which feeds into the black encoder housing for the motor has two powerpole connectors already crimped to the end of the cable making the gearmotor or motor by itself, ready to use.
Product Usage Note:
We have received some feedback from a small number of customers regarding the durability of the gearbox on the NeveRest Classic 20 Gearmotor. After some internal testing, as well as review of returned gearmotors, we have found that this particular gearbox is more susceptible to failure from shock loads as compared to the NeveRest Classic 40. These sort of failures happen most commonly in high-shock applications such as flywheel shooters, as well as drive chassis. We recommend these gearmotors to be used in low shock-load applications such as intake rollers, internal conveyors, etc.
Quantity Discounts on Complete NeveRest Gearmotors
Encoder Cable Options:
- Orders of 4-9 NeveRest Orbital 3.7, Classic 20, Classic 40, and Classic 60 gearmotors (including mix-and-match orders) will be discounted in your cart to $25 per motor.
- Orders of 10 or more NeveRest Orbital 3.7, Classic 20, Classic 40, and Classic 60 gearmotors (including mix-and-match orders) will be discounted in your cart to $23 per motor.
Working with the Encoders:
- am-2992 is a cable which has the white 4-pin connector for the encoder and also the black 4-pin connector for the HiTechnic and Modern Robotics motor controller. This cable is included with complete NeveRest gearmotors (NeveRest Orbital 3.7, NeveRest Classic 20, NeveRest Classic 40, NeveRest Classic 60).
- am-2993 is a cable which has the white 4-pin connector for the encoder on one end and 4 separate black connectors. This cable is available separately.
Technical Performance Specifications
- Orbital 3.7 Gearmotor Overall Length: 5.0"
- Classic 20 Gearmotor Overall Length: 131.6mm (5.18")
- Classic 40 and Classic 60 Gearmotor Overall Length: 133.5mm (5.26")
- Output Shaft Profile: 6mm D
- Motor Diameter: 38mm (1.49")
- Gear Material: Steel
- Body Material: Steel
- Encoder Cap Material: Plastic
- Shaft Hardness: 45-50 Rockwell C (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockwell_scale)
- Wire Gauge: 18 AWG
- Orbital 3.7
Mounting Geometry: Four, M3x0.5 on 28MM Bolt Circle
- Maximum thread depth: 7mm
- Classic 20, 40, and 60 Mounting Geometry: Six, M3 tapped holes on a 31mm bolt circle
- Maximum thread depth: 3.5mm. Do not go beyond this, or you can damage the plate and stop the motor.
- Motor Mounting Geometry: Three, M2-0.4 x 22mm deep
- Orbital 3.7 Gearmotor Weight: 0.87 Lbs
- Classic 20 Gearmotor Weight: 0.76 Lbs
- Classic 40 Gearmotor Weight: 0.75 Lbs
- Classic 60 Gearmotor Weight: 0.77 Lbs
- Motor Weight: 0.55 Lbs
- Classic 20 Gearbox Weight: 0.18 Lbs
- Classic 40 Gearbox Weight: 0.18 Lbs
- Classic 60 Gearbox Weight: 0.18 Lbs
Encoder Performance Specifications:
- Gearbox Reductions: 3.7:1, 20:1, 40:1, and 60:1
- Motor Voltage: 12 Volt DC
- Motor Output Power: 14 Watts
- Stall Current: 11.5 Amps
- Orbital 3.7 No Load Free Speed: 1784 RPM
- Classic 20 No Load Free Speed: 320 RPM
- Classic 40 No Load Free Speed: 160 RPM
- Classic 60 No Load Free Speed: 105 RPM
- Motor No Load Free Speed: 6600 RPM
- Orbital 3.7 Stall Torque: 32.3 Oz-In
- Classic 20 Stall Torque: 197 Oz-In
- Classic 40 Stall Torque: 350 Oz-In
- Classic 60 Stall Torque: 593 Oz-In
- Motor Stall Torque: 8.75 Oz-In
- Orbital 3.7 Gearmotor
- Poles Per Magnet: 7 (Please be aware the part number am-3461 references the 3 pole version. This is the am-3461a.)
- Pulses Per Revolution: 25.9 (7 Poles x 3.7 Ratio = 25.9)
- Ticks Per Revolution: 103 (Pulses Per Revolution (25.9) x Edges of a Pulse (4) = 103)
- Classic 20 Gearmotor
- Output Counts per Revolution of Output Shaft (CPR): 560 Pulses
- Classic 40 Gearmotor
- Output Counts per Revolution of Output Shaft (CPR): 1120 (280 rises of Channel A)
- Pulses Per Revolution: 28 (7 rises of Channel A)
- Classic 60 Gearmotor
- Output Counts per Revolution of Output Shaft (CPR): 1680 Pulses
- Pulses Per Revolution: 28