4 inch, HEAVY DUTY Mecanum wheel set, these come assembled as shown in the picture. This is a set of 4 wheels, consisting of 2 "right" wheels and 2 "left" wheels.
All 4 wheels are required to make a Mecanum drive holonomic system to work properly. This version of the wheel can handle a 200 pound load per wheel. The interior body of this wheel is made of molded black polycarbonate, while the perimeter side plate is made of 1/8 inch thick zinc plated, steel. The perimeter plate is riveted to the interior body, and each perimeter bent tab rests on the interior body rim. This support allows for the wheel to handle more load.
Please know that we also offer a 1.125 inch bearing bore version (am-3067) of this same wheel.
Individual Hardware within Each Wheel:
- Diameter: 4 in.
- Width Across Middle: 42mm (1.65 in.)
- Width at widest point: 1.92 in.
- Bore: 6.02mm (0.24 in.) with 8mm (0.31 in.) cavity of Nub Boss
- Bolt Pattern: 4 holes (0.150 in. in diameter) on a 16mm (0.63 in.) diameter bolt circle and 6 holes (0.157 in. diameter) on a 1.875 in. diameter bolt circle
- Body Material, Outer: 0.09 in. thick zinc plated, steel
- Body Material, Inner: molded black polycarbonate
- Load Capacity: 200 lbs per wheel
- Forward / Reverse Coefficient of Friction: 0.7 (on tight pile carpet)
- Sideways Coefficient of Friction: 0.6 (on tight pile carpet)
- Weight: 0.88 lbs(each wheel)
- Number of Rollers: 9
- Roller Material, Outside: Urethane rubber (gray)
- Roller Material, Inside: Nylon (white)
- Roller Durometer: 80A
- Roller Bearing Material: Nylon spinning over brass tube
- Roller Axle: Brass tube
Roller and Axle Design:
- Two - HD Mecanum Plates
- Two - Hubs
- Nine - Individual 4 in. Wheel Rollers
- Nine - Brass axle tubes
- Nine - M3 x 55MM SHCS
- Nine - M3 x 0.5" Nyock Nut
- Eighteen - 1/8 in. dia. rivets
The gray urethane rubber roller (am-3027) has a durometer rating of 80A. The roller has a Nylon core, and rides on a stationary brass tube.
9 rubber rollers are sandwiched between 2 steel plates. The steel plates are riveted to two interior polycarbonate hubs, which form the interior of the wheel. The two interior pieces are held together by the fastening technique of the rollers being attached.
These wheels can be purchased individually as Left (am-3919L) or Right (am-3919R) wheels. They are sold without nubs, sprockets, or bearings.
For FTC Robots: If attached to a shaft or NeveRest motor, a D-Bore Nub is needed for each wheel. The 6.02mm section of the bore allows the side opposite from the Nub to comfortably ride on the shaft without an addition Nub or spacer. 6-32 x 2.000in screws are ideal for fastening the Nub to the wheel.