There are 60 RGB LEDs per meter, and you can control each LED individually! You can set the color of each LED's red, green and blue component with 8-bit PWM precision (24-bit color per pixel).
The LEDs are controlled by shift-registers that are chained up down the strip so you can shorten or lengthen the strip. Only 1 digital output pin are required to send data down. The PWM is built into each LED-chip so once you set the color you can stop talking to the strip and it will continue to PWM all the LEDs for you
It comes as a full 8.2ft (2.5m) strip and can be separated at each junction between LEDs for customization. Add in a couple connectors and you can separate sections and still control them all together.
- WS2812b chip (WS2811 IC built in SMD5050)
- 60 LEDs per Meter (150 Individually addressable RGB LEDs on the 8.2 ft section)
- Maximum 5V @ 60mA draw per 1.3" strip segment which has 2 LEDs on it (both LEDs on full brightness)
- Maximum 5V @ 4.5A draw for entire strip (Entire strip on full brightness)
- Power: 15 Watts
- Rated Life: 50000 Hours
- 5VDC power requirement (do not exceed 6VDC) - no polarity protection
- 1 integrated RGB LEDs per segment, individually controllable
- LED wavelengths: 630nm/530nm/475nm