A great start to being able to use a string pot sensor is here. This kit comes with the enclosure where the potentiometer and spring tensioned wire meet. If you would like to download a 3d Printer file to print your own enclosure, check out the String Potentiometer Kit (no housing).
A portion of the proceeds of this sale will be given to Chap Robotics FRC team 2468,
who developed and used this idea on their competition robots.
- Three - 4-40 x 0.75" Screws (to seal the enclosure)
- One - 4-40 x 3/8" SHCS (to capture the potentiometer shaft)
- One - Retractable String component
- One - Precision Potentiometer, 10 turn, 5Koh
- One - String Potentiometer Enclosure
With the retractable string provided you will only be able to get about
eight to nine turns out of the ten turn potentiometer. To get the full range,
use the spring from the retractable string component and a 30" string
- Retractable String Length: ~27 inch
- Spool Circumference: 2.985 in (+/- 0.1)