The TRIcrimpÂ® crimping tool was exclusively designed by Powerwerx to provide a positive crimp on the 15, 30 & 45 amp contacts manufactured by Anderson Power Products for the PowerpoleÂ® line of products. It has the following features.
Contacts & Jaw Position:
- Crimps all three sizes of PowerpoleÂ® contacts; 15, 30 and 45 amp
- Built-in contact positioner that holds the contact during crimping
- Ratchet mechanism assures proper crimps every time
- Far faster and better than soldering
- Provides the highest strength and the lowest resistance connections possible
- Dimensions: 7.75" X 3" X 1.5"
- Weight: 20 ounces
- High Contact retention force
The 3 contacts have different amp ratings:
The contact size corresponds to the position marking on the die. The 15 amp contact goes into the 15 amp position, the 30 amp into the 30 position, and 45 amp into the 45 position.
- 15 Amp (SKU: 1332) is designed to receive 16, 18 and 20 gauge wire.
- 30 Amp (SKU: 1331) is designed to receive 12, 14 gauge wire.
- 45 Amp (SKU: 261G2) is designed to receive 10 gauge wire.
Assembly Instructions 15 & 30 Amp:
To crimp the 15 & 30 amp contacts it is recommended that you insert the wire into the contact prior to inserting them into the tool. Then, with the flat side of the contact down, insert the contact tip into the proper slot for crimping. Squeeze the ratchet handle until the ratchet mechanism releases. Do not over crimp by squeezing the handles together until they touch, it is possible to break the die.
Assembly Instructions 45 Amp:
To crimp the 45 amp contact it is recommended that you position the tip of the 45 amp contact into the 45 amp position slot before the wire is inserted. Make sure the contact is properly positioned with the U (open contact) facing up. If the contact is lying sideways you may not obtain a proper crimp. Then, insert your wire into the inserted contact. Squeeze the ratchet handle until the ratchet mechanism releases. Do not over crimp by squeezing the handles together until they touch, it is possible to break the die.
Read more: http://www.powerwerx.com/crimping-tools/tricrimp-crimping-powerpole-contacts.html#ixzz2YlrFRGU8
Note: Only official tooling solutions recommended by APP may be acceptable for safety agency approvals such as UL, CSA and TUV. Official tooling solutions such as the 1309 series are available for purchase at a higher price. Read more: http://www.powerwerx.com/crimping-tools/tricrimp-crimping-powerpole-contacts.html#ixzz44INkWK9m