This is the long version of the C-Base Frame
with 6" Mecanum Wheels. Wheels are directly driven by the CIM motors
through CIMple Box gearboxes. The direct drive means there is less play
and more accurate control of the mecanum wheels. Also, this setup
makes the robot very fast with low torque. This system comes with motors
and perforated sheet for mounting electronics.Application Note:
This drive base setup is aimed at applications where the robot weight is
very light (70 pounds or lighter) and the robot needs to go very fast
(22-23 feet per second). For heavier applications, this robot will be
underpowered and will not have enough power to move itself effectively.
If you desire to have a robot heavier than 70 pounds, you will either
need to pick a different chassis or add 4 additional motor packages
This kit has been upgraded in October 2012 to include the Talon SR Speed Controller and one Logitech Gamepad F310 instead of two Logitech Attack 3 Joysticks.
- Width: 27" (built in long configuration)
- Length: 37" (built in long configuration)
- Height: 6"
- Ground Clearance: 1.25"
- Estimated Robot Weight: Est. 45 lbs
- Estimated Load Capacity: 320 lbs based on wheels
- Suggested maximum load: 70 pounds total, using the 4 motors supplied
- Motors: 4 CIM motors
- Estimated Maximum Speed: 22 ft/sec
- Estimated Maximum Torque at Wheel to Ground: 2800 oz-in
- Battery Charger not included, we sell a 3 Bank, 6AMP charger here
- Or you can find one at your local Wal-mart or Hardware store