The AM14U3 Square Deal Edition is a chassis we've configured to be available at a great value compared to the standard AM14U3. There are three key changes:
This does limit the configurations available using just the parts in the box--but we think the discount makes it worth it!
- This kit uses 4" HiGrip Wheels instead of the 6" versions.
- This kit only includes 151-tooth belts, which are normally for the square chassis configuration with 4" wheels.
- This kit uses the 8.45:1 gearing option for the Toughbox Mini gearboxes.
This chassis DOES NOT include CIM motors.
To make this drive, you will need a power and control system like the FRC roboRIO Robot Control Kit (am-3034) or the Cheap & Dirty Electronics for two motors (am-2493). The gearbox requires two CIM motors (am-0255), but we recommend four CIMs for situations like heavy robots, high traction, and pushing match situations that put a lot of load on the motors. You will also need at least one battery, like the MK ES17-12 (am-0844), and a charger like our 6 Amp charger (am-2555).
- 2 - AM14U3 Outer Plate (am-2951a)
- 2 - AM14U3 Inside Plate (am-2952a)
- 2 - AM14U3 End Plate (am-2953a)
- 2 - Toughbox Mini Gearbox for AM14U, 8.45:1 Ratio (am-2598_84)
- 2 - 500EX Hex Hub (am-2568)
- 2 - Churro, 24.25" long (am-2974)
- 4 - 2x3 Hole Bracket (am-2954)
- 8 - Churro, 3.375" long (am-2569)
- 6 - 4" HiGrip Wheels (am-2256)
- 4 - 15mm wide, 151T Timing Belts (am-3660)
- 20 - 1/4-20 x 3/4 Thread Forming Screw (am-1310)
- 4 - 3/8-16 Nylock Nut (am-1054)
- 4 - 3/8-16 x 4.25" Hex Head Screw (am-1297)
- 2 - Hex Plastic Spacer, 0.57" long (am-1305)
- 4 - Small Plastic Spacer, 0.28" long (am-1306)
- 4 - Long Plastic Spacer, 0.85" long (am-1307)
- 8 - Pulleys, 42 Tooth (am-2234)
- 48 - 10-24 x 1.25" long Thread Forming Screw (am-1266)
- 8 - 1614ZZ Bearing (am-0209)
- 2 - FR8ZZ-HexHD Bearing (am-2986)
- 40 - 10-32 x 0.5" long SHCS (am-1002)
- 40 - 10-32 Nylock Nut (am-1042)