This is the strong polycarbonate plastic hub for the 8 inch Pneumatic Wheel. This product is shipped in kit form. The hub's design is intended to accept any 200x50mm tire and inner tube, 1.125 inch (outside diameter) ball bearings (2 per wheel are needed), and the mounting holes needed to install hardware to be sprocket-driven or hub-driven.
- Weight:0.37 pounds
- Width: 1.8 inches
- Material: black polycarbonate plastic
- Bore: 1.00 inch thru hole, with 1.125 inch x 0.375 inch deep bearing pockets
- Bolt Pattern: 6 holes, 0.20 diameter on 1.875 inch diameter bolt circle
- Outside Diameter: 4.15 inches
NOT Included Hardware:
- Two (2) black plastic hub halves
- Six (6) #4-40x1 Pan Head Phillips thread rolling screws
- #10 screws and nuts needed to mount a hub (2 inch long screws are needed) or a sprocket (2.25 inch long screws are needed)
- tire and inner tube: Any 200x50mm tire and inner tube can fit this hub, as long as the inner tube has a 90 degree valve stem.
The hub halves are held together with the #4-40 screws. This
wheel can accept #10-32 screws for mounting sprockets or hubs, but
these are NOT included since different length screws are needed to mount
hubs or sprockets. These #10 screws can be mounted to the included
1.875 inch diameter bolt circle. The hub halves need to be assembled
together so that the valve stem clearance holes line up. Locating
features are present for easy alignment.
With Axle and Hub:
- In order to drive this wheel with a hub, use Hardware Kit 11, which includes #10-32x2 screws (6) and #10-32 nylock nuts (6)
Use as a caster:
- In order to drive this wheel with a plate sprocket, use Hardware Kit 12, which includes a 550 sprocket spacer, #10-32x2.5 screws (6) and #10-32 nylock nuts (6).
- Two (2) bearings are needed for this wheel, if being driven by a sprocket. Use bearings with a 1.125 inch outer diameter. No flange is needed on either of the bearings.
- If you want to let this wheel spin without being driven, you will need to install two (2) bearings with 1.125 inch outer diameter.