6 inch, HEAVY DUTY Mecanum wheel set
This is a set of 4 wheels, consisting of 2 "right" wheels and 2 "left" wheels. All 4 wheels are required to make a Mecanum drive holonomic system to work properly.
This version of our Mecanum wheel can handle a 200 pound load at each wheel. The interior body of this wheel is made of 1/8 inch thick stamped aluminum, while the perimeter side plate is made of 1/8 inch thick steel, zinc plated. The perimeter plate is riveted to the interior body, and each perimeter bent tab rests on the interior body rim. This support allows for the wheel to handle more load.
Roller and Axle Design:
- Diameter: 6"
- Width Across Middle: 0.25"
- Bore: 1.124"
- Bolt Pattern: 6 holes (0.2" diameter) on a 1.875" diameter circle
- Body Material, Outer: 0.12" thick steel, zinc plated
- Body Material, Inner: 0.12" thick aluminum
- Forward / Reverse Coefficient of Friction: 0.7 (on tight pile carpet)
- Sideways Coefficient of Friction: 0.6 (on tight pile carpet)
- Load Capacity: 200 Pounds per Wheel
- Weight: 2 Pounds
- Number of Rollers: 15
- Roller Material, Outside: Urethane rubber (gray)
- Roller Material, Inside: Polycarbonate (black)
- Roller Durometer: 65A
- Roller Bearing Material: Steel bushing with composite bearing surface
- Roller Axle: Brass Axle
The gray urethane rubber roller (am-0893) has a durometer rating of 65a. The roller has a polycarbonate core, and 2 high load bushings. The bushings ride on brass tubes, sandwiched between the plates with a #10 screw.
15 rubber rollers are sandwiched between 2 steel plates. The steel plates are riveted and bolted to two interior cone-shaped aluminum pieces, which form the interior hub of the wheel. The two interior pieces are sandwiched together at the bore with a thickness of 0.25 inch.
These wheels can be purchased in a set of 4, or individually. They are sold without hubs, sprockets, or bearings.
With Axle and Hub:
If driven by a shaft, these parts are needed for each wheel
If driven by a sprocket, these parts are needed for each wheel
- A hub fitting the size of the drive shaft. For 1/2" dia. shafts, use a 500 Key Hub (am-0077) for each wheel.
- #10-32 x 5/8" long screws (6), and #10-32 nylock nuts (6) fasten the hub to the wheel.
- 1/8 x 1/8 x 3/4 steel machine key (am-1043), one per wheel
- Flanged ball bearings with 1.125" od: either 3/8" inside diameter (am-0573), or 1/2" i.d. (am-0030)
- Two 550 sprocket spacers (am-0651) are used to space the sprocket away from the wheel, for chain clerance.
- A sprocket (type A) with a bolt hole circle of 1.875" diameter mounts to the wheels' interior bolt pattern.
- #10-32 x 1.75" long screws (6), and #10-32 nylock nuts (6) fasten the sprocket and spacers to the wheel.