THIS PRODUCT IS OBSOLETE. Information is retained for help only.
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
Toughbox Nano accepts one 2.5 inch CIM Motor. Hardware is included for attaching this motor.
Optional Gear Ratios:
- Overall Ratio: 12.75:1 (standard)
- Gear material: 4140 steel
- Gear type: spur gears, 20 dp, 14.5 degree pressure angle
- Body extrusion material: 6061 aluminum
- Output shaft: 1/2 inch diameter, 4140 steel with 1/8" keyway
- Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Input Gear: CIM Gear, 14 tooth, 0.315 inch bore w/ 2mm keyway
- Large Cluster Gear: 50 tooth, 3/8 inch hex bore
- Small Cluster Gear: 14 tooth, 3/8 inch hex bore
- Large Output Gear: 50 tooth, 1/2 inch hex bore
Weight Reduction with Optional Parts:
Aluminum Large Cluster Gear can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Cluster Gear.
Aluminum Large Output Gear can replace the standard steel 50 Tooth Large Output Gear.
Toughbox Hex Output Shaft, Aluminum can replace the standard steel 500 Key Output Shaft for Toughbox Nano am-0506. (then again, if you want to use this, you may as well just buy am-0482)
An optional Encoder Package can be purchased and added to this Toughbox. If you already have a US Digital Encoder to fit this Toughbox, this Encoder Mount Pad will help you mount the encoder to the Toughbox. Here is a guide for encoder installation and alignment.
Made in the USA:
Bearings and screws were not made in the USA. All other components were designed, manufactured and assembled in the United States of America.