This is the 2008 FIRST Wheel, provided to FRC teams in the Kit of Parts, with two R8 ball bearings (1/2 inch bore) pressed into each wheel.
- Diameter: 6 inches
- Body Material: black polycarbonate
- Tread Material: 75A durometer urethane rubber
- Bore: 0.500 inch diameter bearing bore
- Weight: 0.51 pounds
- Bolt Pattern: six holes (0.17 inch diameter) on a 1.875 inch diameter bolt circle
- Coefficient of friction: 0.9 static (on tight pile carpet)
Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws to attach sprockets or hubs to this wheel. Three (3) screws are sufficient for each wheel.
Changes from 2007 FIRST Wheel
- To press beaings into this wheel (for a free spinning wheel or for use with a sprocket), two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The ball bearing must have a 1.125" od. For a 1/2" id, use am-0030. For a 3/8" id, use am-0573.
- More material has been added to each of the spokes, adding significant structural support
- More support for the bearing wall has been added
- A harder durometer rubber makes up the treads, providing less traction compared to the 2007 wheel
- Treads are a slightly darker color of gray
Made in the USA:
were not made in the USA. All other components were designed,
manufactured and assembled in the United States of America.