This is the 2008 FIRST Wheel, provided to FRC teams in the Kit of Parts. No bearings are included.
- Diameter: 6 inches
- Body Material: black polycarbonate
- Tread Material: 75A durometer urethane rubber
- Bore: 0.95 inch diameter through hole, with two 1.125 inch diameter bearing pockets
- Weight: 0.51 pounds
- Bolt Pattern: six holes (0.17 inch diameter) on a 1.875 inch diameter bolt circle
- Static coefficient of friction: 0.9 static (on tight pile carpet)
- Load capacity: 90 pounds
Use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws to attach sprockets or hubs to this wheel. Three (3) screws are sufficient for each wheel.
With Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an Axle and Hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs (except the Small DD Globe Hub) to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in the price of the wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed. To install a hub onto a 6" FIRST Wheel, use #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws.
Changes from 2007 FIRST Wheel
- To press bearings into this wheel (for a free spinning wheel or for use with a sprocket), two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The ball bearing must have a 1.125" od. For a 1/2" id, use am-0030. For a 3/8" id, use am-0573.
- More material has been added to each of the spokes, adding significant structural support
- More support for the bearing wall has been added
- A harder durometer rubber makes up the treads, providing less traction compared to the 2007 wheel
- Treads are a slightly darker color of gray