All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
Official 2008, 2009, 2010 FIRST Kit of Parts Gearbox
This gearbox is shipped in kit form, not assembled. The Toughbox contains the hardware to accept up to two 2.5 inch CIM Motors (not included).
- Gear material: 4140 steel or 6061 aluminum depending on purchased option
- Gear type: spur gears, 20 dp, 14.5 degree pressure angle
- Motor mount plate material: polycarbonate (see below for two options, plate depends on ratio)
- See 'Motor Mount Plate Options' for optional aluminum plate information
- Spacers and Shaft Plate material: aluminum
- Output shaft: 1/2 inch diameter, with 1/8" keyway, 4140 steel
- Weight: 2.5 pounds (using 12.75:1 Ratio)
Gear Ratios Options:
Weight Reduction with Optional Aluminum Gears:
Weight Reduction with Optional Parts sold separately:
An optional Encoder Package can be purchased and added to this Toughbox. If you already have a US Digital Encoder to fit this Toughbox, this Encoder Mount Pad will help you mount the encoder to the Toughbox. A very complete guide for encoder installation and alignment is shown on the Encoder Package page.
Motor Mount Plate Options:
We offer a Standard mount plate made out of polycarbonate.
Optional Long Output Shaft:
T-Box Long Output Shaft is available, which is 3.5 inches longer than the standard Output Shaft.
Aluminum Hex Output Shafts:
The Toughbox can use a hex aluminum output shaft, but a FR8ZZ-Hex bearing must be ordered to replace the FR8ZZ bearing supporting the output shaft.