The inside black portion of this wheel is made from molded polycarbonate plastic. The outer tread is TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane). This robust but lightweight wheel provides good traction on carpet and soft tiles. The Stealth wheels are the perfect wheel for intakes and other auxiliary robot mechanisms. The bore of this wheel is available in many bores and durometers. 4" Stealth Wheels feature a bolt pattern on a 1.875" bolt circle for mounting sprockets, hubs, and gears. 8mm bore Stealth Wheels feature a bolt pattern found in most common FIRST Tech Challenge building systems. The grippiest of our wheels, the 35A green wheels should not be used as drive wheels and only for mechanisms and intakes.
Many thread locking materials are not compatible with polycarbonate and can eat away at the plastic. Be sure to check which adhesives are okay to use with this product. This link will allow you to check which materials are okay to use with what adhesives, http://bit.ly/loctitematerialcheck
Driving These Wheels:
- Diameter: 2" or 4"
- Max Static Torque: 200 In-Lbs
- Load Capacity: ~40 Pounds
- Body Material: Polycarbonate
- Tread Material: Thermoplastic Polyurethane
- Durometer: 77A (Grey), 60A (Black), 50A (Blue), 35A (Green)
- Bore: 1/2" Hex, 3/8" Hex, 5 mm Hex, 8 mm (0.31")
- 4" Wheel Bolt Circle: 6, 0.159" holes on 1.875" circle
- 8 mm Bore Bolt Circle: 4, 0.14" (3.5 mm) holes on a 0.63" (16 mm) circle
- 5 mm Hex Bore Bolt Circle: 4, 0.14" (3.5 mm) holes on a 0.63" (16 mm) circle
- 77A Soft Tile CoF: 0.63
- 60A Soft Tile CoF: 1.07
- 50A Soft Tile CoF: 1.16
- 35A Soft Tile CoF: TBD
- 77A Carpet CoF: 0.92
- 60A Carpet CoF: 0.87
- 50A Carpet CoF: 1.14
- 35A Carpet CoF: TBD
With Axle and Hub: The stealth wheels have an integrated hub. This means no hub is needed to mate this wheel with a shaft.
With Sprocket: If you wish to drive this wheel with a sprocket than you will need to use a 250 Sprocket and Pulley Spacer with QTY 6 #10-24x3/4 thread forming screws.