This is an endless, spliced belt, designed to be a track drive component for a mobile robot. It's made of steel-reinforced urethane timing belt, with an abrasion-resistant blue nitrile roughtop tread. The center of the timing belt includes a "V" for tracking the belt to the center of a grooved pulley. We have pulleys (am-3298a) specially designed to drive this belt.
This belt is featured in the Rhino Track Drive Module (am-3322).
During normal use of this belt, the blue rubber tread may begin to delaminate (split apart from the timing belt). If this happens, please follow these steps to fix the belt:
- Keep the belt mounted to the drive pulley mechanism (do not remove the belt from your robot)
- Clean both surfaces where the delamination is happening, removing debris and dirt
- Take time to allow the cleaned area to dry
- Use a rubber to rubber adhesive such as super glue. This has great bonding properties
to adhere the tread (roughtop carbox, in this case) to the urethane
timing belt material.
- Keep pressure on the newly glued area by moving this area over an end pulley. This applies continual contact between the rubber and timing belt.
- Wait 20-30 minutes for the adhesive to cure.
- Weight: 1.63 pounds
- Width: 2.01 inches
- Length: 65.5 inches, spliced endless loop
- Timing Belt Type: HV
- Timing Belt Material: Urethane
- Timing Belt Pitch: 0.5 inch
- Tread Material: Carbox Nitrile
- Tread Profile: Roughtop
- Timing Belt Reinforcement: Steel Cord
- Maximum Allowable Tension: 600 pounds