The PicoBox gearboxes are designed specifically for FIRST Tech Challenge teams. These highly configurable gearboxes are a robust solution for teams to make fine adjustments to the output speed and torque of drivetrains, mechanisms and more. All PicoBox gearboxes are designed to work with other building systems that FIRST Tech Challenge teams are familiar with, because they are built to work around a base 16mm center-to-center hole pattern. The flanges on the PicoBox gearboxes are reversible while maintaining a base 16mm hole pattern. Additionally, all PicoBox gearboxes utilize the same plate design as both the input plate and output plate, allowing for different configurations such as mounting the motor and output shaft onto the same side of the gearbox.
The PicoBox Uno is a single reduction, single motor input gearbox that utilizes steel 32DP gears. This gearbox accepts one NeveRest motor as it's input, and has a robust steel 6mm D shaft for it's output.
The kit comes with 3 different gear ratio options, so that you can experiment and understand how changing the gear ratio affects the driving performance of the TileRunner.
- 45 Tooth and 35 Tooth gear combination yields a 1:0.78 over drive
- Two 40 Tooth gears yield a 1:1 ratio
- 35 Tooth and 45 Tooth gear combination yields a 1:1.28 reduction
The PicoBox Uno is not compatible with the NeveRest Motor Only (am-3104), as the PicoBox Uno requires the use of the NeveRest gearbox as part of the motor input assembly. The PicoBox Uno accepts up to one of the following motors at a time:
Weight: ~1 lbs.
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short runtimes in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once the run in period is complete, clean the gears, then thoroughly grease the gear teeth to ensure smooth operation. The gears should regularly be cleaned, inspected, and greased again to ensure proper operation and longer life of your gearbox.
- 4 x Nut, nylock jam 1/4-20 (am-1102)
- 6 x Screw, SHCS M3-0.5 x 6mm (am-1254)
- 8 x Screw, BHCS, 6-32 x 1/2" (am-1418)
- 4 x Screw, BHCS, 1/4-20 x 1 3/4" (am-1420)
- 2 x 6MM D Bore Double Boss Nub w/Set Screw (am-3215)
- 2 x 6x12x4 Flanged Bearing (am-3377)
- 4 x Spacer for PicoBox (am-3406)
- 2 x Gear, 40T for PicoBox (am-3407)
- 1 x Gear, 35T for PicoBox (am-3408)
- 1 x Gear, 45T for PicoBox (am-3409)
- 2 x PicoBox Uno Plate (am-3423)
- 1 x Spacer, aluminum, 12.7mm OD x 6.15mm ID x 9mm (am-3426)
- 1 x 6mm D Shaft, 100mm, plated (am-3226-100)
- 1 x Red Tacky Grease (am-2768)