The PicoBox gearboxes are designed specifically for FIRST Tech Challenge teams. These highly configurable gearboxes are a robust solution for teams to make fine adjustments to the output speed and torque of drivetrains, mechanisms and more. All PicoBox gearboxes are designed to work with other building systems that FIRST Tech Challenge teams are familiar with, because they are built to work around a base 16mm center-to-center hole pattern. The flanges on the PicoBox gearboxes are reversible while maintaining a base 16mm hole pattern. Additionally, all PicoBox gearboxes utilize the same plate design as both the input plate and output plate, allowing for different configurations such as mounting the motor and output shaft onto the same side of the gearbox.
The PicoBox Duo is a single reduction, double motor input gearbox that utilizes steel 32DP gears. This gearbox accepts two NeveRest motors as it's input, and has a robust steel 6mm D shaft for it's output. The motors can be installed on each side of the output shaft, or the motors can be installed side by side with the output shaft installed on one of the ends of the gearbox.
The PicoBox duo can also be built as a double reduction, single motor input, single output gearbox with an included 36mm D shaft to facilitate stacking two gears on a cluster shaft that would be installed in the middle of the gearbox.
The kit comes with 3 different gear ratio options, so that you can experiment and understand how changing the gear ratio affects the driving performance of the TileRunner.
- 45 Tooth and 35 Tooth gear combination yields a 1:0.78 over drive
- Two 40 Tooth gears yeild a 1:1 ratio
- 35 Tooth and 45 Tooth gear combination yields a 1:1.28 reduction
The PicoBox Duo is not compatible with the NeveRest Motor Only (am-3104), as the PicoBox Duo requires the use of the NeveRest gearbox as part of the motor input assemblies. The PicoBox Duo accepts up to two of the following motors at a time:
Weight: ~1.25 lbs.
All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short runtimes in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thorough grease of the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
- 4 - 1/4-20 Nylock Jam Nut - Bulk Qty (am-1102)
- 12 - M3-0.5 x 6mm SHCS (am-1254)
- 12 - 6-32 0.5" BHCS Bulk Qty (am-1418)
- 4 - 1/4-20 x 1.75" BHCS (am-1420)
- 3 - 6MM D Bore Double Boss Nub w/ Set Screw (am-3215), purchasable here Nubs
- 4 - 6x12x4 Flanged Bearing (am-3377)
- 2 - PicoBox Duo Plate (am-3405)
- 4 - PicoBox Spacer (am-3406)
- 2 - Spacer, aluminum, 12.7mm OD x 6.15mm ID x 9mm (am-3426)
- 1 - 6mm D Shaft, 36mm, plated (am-3226-036), purchasable here 6mm D Shaft
- 1 - 6mm D Shaft, 100mm, plated (am-3226-100), purchasable here 6mm D Shaft
- 3 - 40T Gear for PicoBox (am-3407)
- 2 - 35T Gear for PicoBox (am-3408)
- 2 - 45T Gear for PicoBox (am-3409)
- 1 - Red Tacky Grease, 14.2 gram (am-2768)