The 6" Performance Wheel is a competition-proven design used by many top teams over the years. This wheel design incorporates a novel way of attaching tread, and also allows for sprockets to be mounted on both sides of the wheel. This wheel DOES NOT include tread material, which is available separately to tailor this wheel's performance to your application. Two included 1.125" OD bearings allow this wheel to ride smoothly on a 1/2" diameter dead (stationary) axle of your choosing.
For tread mounting instructions, click here!
- Material: 6061 aluminum, machined from billet
- Diameter: 5.60 inches, without tread (6.0 inches with tread, not included)
- Weight: 0.61 pound
- Uses 1" wide treads
- Bore: 1/2" diameter bearing bore
- Load Capacity: 500 pounds*
- Tread Mounting Holes: 6 threaded thru holes for #10-32 screw on a 1.875" dia bolt circle
* Load Testing: we applied 700 pounds on the location of the opening for the treads, and had no rim deflection.
- One sprocket on one side: To drive this wheel with a sprocket,
(or to drive another wheel with propulsion from this wheel) then the
sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel, outside of a
250 Sprocket Spacer. Use Hardware Kit 3, which includes the screws for this.
- Two sprockets,
one on each side: One side of the wheel has no recess, so that side
will only need a 250 Sprocket Spacer to space the sprocket out from the
wheel. In order to put a sprocket on the other side, use a
550 Sprocket Spacer to get the sprocket out far enough so that the chain clears the edge of the wheel.
With Axle and Hub:
- This wheel can simply be driven by a 1/2" diameter keyed axle, but only if you fit any of the AndyMark hubs to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in
the price of the wheel. To install a hub onto a 6" Performance Wheel, use
Hardware Kit 3.
Made in the USA:
Bearings were not made in the USA. All other components were designed, manufactured and assembled in the United States of America.