Product Availability and Usage Note:
This gearmotor has been replaced by the NeveRest Orbital 20 Gearmotor (am-3637) due to reliability of the gearbox itself. This particular gearbox is more susceptible to failure from shock loads as compared to the NeveRest 40. These sort of failures happen most commonly in high-shock applications such as flywheel shooters, as well as drive chassis. We recommend these gearmotors to be used in low shock-load applications such as intake rollers, internal conveyors, etc.
If you would still like the Classic NeveRest 20 gearbox, you can purchase it separately from the motor. Total cost of both saves you money.
The NeveRest 20 is a gearmotor with an attached encoder. The output shaft geometry
and the gearbox housing diameter is similar to what
FTC teams are
familiar with. The shaft is 6mm dia and the gearbox housing is 37mm in diameter.
This gearmotor rotates in the opposite direction as the NeveRest 40 and NeveRest 60. This means that the encoder counts will be in the opposite direction.
The power cable which feeds into the black encoder housing has two powerpole connectors already crimped to the end of the cable.
According to the FIRST Tech Challenge Game Manual Part 1, Rule RE04 this is legal for the 2016-2017 FTC Game.
Encoder Cable options:
Encoder cables are not included with this motor, and are sold separately. We have two options:
- (RECOMMENDED) am-2993 is a cable which has the white 4-pin connector on one end and 4 separate black connectors on the other. (This is the recommended cable for this motor as you can change the encoder counts by swapping your ChA and ChB wires)
- am-2992 is a cable which has the white 4-pin connector for the encoder and also the black 4-pin connector for the HiTechnic and Modern Robotics motor controller.
There is an encoder mounted to the back side of this motor. It is a 7 pulse per revolution (ppr), hall effect encoder. Since the motor's gearbox has a 20:1 reduction, then the NeverRest 20 output shaft provides 140 ppr.
Working with the Encoders:
Theoretical Performance Specs:
- Overall Length: 131.6mm (5.18 in)
- Maximum Diameter: 37mm (1.46 in)
- Output Shaft size: 6mm (0.24 in) with 0.5mm deep flat
- Weight: 0.762 pounds
- Mounting Holes: M3 tapped holes, qty. 6, on a 31mm bolt circle (3.5mm depth MAX, beyond this can damage plate and stop motor)
- Electrical Connection Geometry: 6-pin connector for motor power and encoder contact
- Gear Material: Steel
- Body Material: Steel with plastic encoder housing
- Lubrication: Included with gearbox
- Shaft Hardness: 45-50 Rockwell C (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockwell_scale)
- Wire Gauge: 18 AWG
- Gearbox Reduction: 20:1
- Voltage: 12 volt DC
- No Load Free Speed, at gearbox output shaft: 275-315 RPM
- Gearbox Output Power: 14W
- Stall Torque: 197 oz-in
- Stall Current: 11.5A
- Output counts per revolution of Output Shaft (cpr): 560 Pulses