This is one right-handed 6 inch diameter Mecanum Wheel. Four of these wheels used in the am-0137 wheel set, and all four are needed to make a Mecanum drive system. Purchasing this part only buys one wheel pre-built in the 'right' configuration, not one set of 4 wheels. These wheels can be re-assembled in either setup, right or left.
For a mecanum drive system to work you must use two right and two left wheels.
- Diameter: 5.95 inch (151mm)
- Width Across Middle: 1.13 inch
- Width at rollers: 1.79 inch
- Bore: 1.125 inch (28.6mm)
- Bolt Pattern: 0.2 inch diameter holes (6) on 1.875 inch bolt circle
- Body Material: Steel, 0.05 inch thick
- Load Capacity: 80 pounds (36kg)
- Forward / Reverse Coefficient of Friction: 0.7 (on tight pile carpet)
- Sideways Coefficient of Friction: 0.6 (on tight pile carpet)
- Weight: 1.3 pounds per wheel (0.59 kg)
- Number of Rollers: 16
- Roller Material, Outside: SBR Rubber
- Roller Durometer: 75A
- Roller Axle: M3x0.5 SHCS x 50mm long
With Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an Axle and Hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs (except the Small DD Globe Hub) to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in the price of the wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed. To install a hub onto a 6" Mecanum Wheel, use Hardware Kit 8.
Patent Number: 7641288
- If you wish to drive this wheel with a sprocket, then the sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel, and two ball bearings need to be pressed into the wheel (one on each side). The ball bearing must have a 1.125" od. For a 1/2" id, use am-0030. For a 3/8" id, use am-0573. The sprocket needs to be spaced out in order for the chain to miss the side of the wheels, so use Hardware Kit 4, which includes the spacers, screws, and nuts for this.