This GEM gearbox is a multi-stage modular, epicyclic gearbox featuring a 13.5:1 reduction. This gearbox is shipped with two stages, one as part of the base housing and one additional stage. Theoretically, an infinite amount of stages could be stacked on this gearbox. This gearbox is designed to be used with the CIM Motor (am-0255) (not included).
Loose Hardware Shipped with Gearbox for CIM Mounting:
- Output Speed: 318 RPM
- Stall Torque: 24.13 ft-lbs
- Weight: 2.4 Lbs
- Body Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Output Shaft Size: 1/2" with 1/8" Keyway
- Output Shaft Material: 4140 Steel (used as the same piece as the planet carrier)
- Mounting Holes: 1/4-20
- Each stage has a ratio of 3.67:1
- Base Stage: 3.67:1
- Two Stages: 13.5:1
- Three Stages: 49.4:1 (with 1 Stage Added)
- Four Stages: 181.4:1 (with 2 Stages Added)
Made in the USA:
- Material: 4140 Steel
- DP: 20
- Pressure Angle: 14.5
- Face Width: 0.30"
Bearings and screws were not made in the USA. All other components were designed, manufactured and assembled in the United States of America.
***NOTE***: When utilizing only 1 stage of this gearbox combined with a CIM motor, the shaft of the CIM motor must be cut off right past the Sun Gear. A GEM Bracket is available for mounting purposes.