All AndyMark gearboxes require grease for proper operation and long life. We suggest using our red tacky grease, am-2768. We also encourage that the user powers the gearbox continuously for 30 minutes without grease to allow the gear teeth to wear in. While we do design with short run times in mind, this 'run in' period for smooth gearbox operation, is recommended. Once this is completed, thoroughly grease the gear teeth periodically to ensure smooth operation.
This gearbox is shipped in kit form, unassembled. The CIM Motors are NOT INCLUDED with this gearbox.
CIMple Box accepts two (or one) 2.5 inch CIM Motors. Hardware is included for attaching two of these motors.
- Overall Ratio: 4.67:1
- Gear material: 4140 steel
- Gear type: spur gears, 20 dp, 14.5 degree pressure angle
- Gearbox housing material: Nylon 6/6 with long fiberglass fill
- Output shaft: 1/2 inch diameter, with 1/8" keyway, 4140 steel
- Weight: 1.40 pounds
- Input Gear: CIM Gear, 12 tooth, 0.315 inch bore w/ 2mm keyway (2)
- Output Gear: 56 tooth, 1/2 inch hex bore
An optional Encoder can be purchased and added to this CIMple Box.