These wheels are sold in unassembled kits. This wheel is an improved design over the regular 8" Mecanum Wheels.
- Diameter: 8 inch
- Bore: 1.124 inch
- Bolt Pattern: 6 holes (0.2 in diameter) on a 1.875 inch diameter circle
- Body Material: Aluminum
- Load Capacity: 500 pounds
- Coefficient of Friction, Forward/Backwards: .7
- Coefficient of Friction, Sideways: .6
- Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Number of Rollers: 12 Inner Rollers, 24 Outer Rollers
- Roller Material, Surface: Urethane
- Roller Material, Core: Polycarbonate
- Roller Durometer: 65A
- Roller Bearing Material: Brass
- Roller Axle: #10 screw
This innovative design is currently patent pending.
With Axle and Hub: If the wheel is being driven directly by a rotating shaft (like one on the Toughbox), then use an AndyMark hub, like the 500 Key Hub to mount directly to the shaft. Also, some spacers and a 1/4-20 screw and a 1/4" washer to cap the end of the shaft will hold the hub (and wheel) onto the shaft.
If driven by a sprocket, these parts are needed:
- Flanged ball bearings with 1.125" od: AndyMark offers a 3/8" id version (am-0573), and a 1/2" id version (am-0030)
- One 250 Sprocket Spacer and one 550 Sprocket Spacer are needed to space the sprocket out away from the wheel, so the chain clears the edge of the wheel.
- A sprocket with a bolt hole circle of 1.875" diameter mounts to the wheels'' interior screws.