This rugged 10" Mecanum wheel is sold assembled with 12 rollers. The rollers are a heavy-duty wheel itself, with a robust nylon core spinning on a 1/2" steel axle. The axles and rollers are sandwiched between two 3/32" thick steel plates. The rollers are made of gray TPU, with 77A durometer. The center hub of the wheel consists of a molded spacer, which provides tab support for each wheel, allowing high load capacity and durable performance. Buying this product gets you one wheel. This wheel must be paired with a Right Mecanum Wheel, am-0446.
For a mecanum drive system to work you must use two right and two left wheels.
- Diameter: 10"
- Width Across Middle: 4"
- Bore: 1.125"
- Bolt Pattern: 6 holes (0.204" dia) on a 1.875" bolt circle
- Body Material: Polycarbonate
- Load Capacity: 110 Pounds (currently testing capacity)
- Coefficient of Friction, Foward/Backwards: .54
- Coefficient of Friction, Sideways: .41
- Weight: 9 Pounds
- Number of Rollers: 12
- Roller Material: TPU
- Roller Durometer: 77A
- Roller Bearing Material: Nylon
- Roller Axle: 1/2 inch steel axle
With Axle and Hub:
- If you wish to drive this wheel with an Axle and Hub, you can pick your hub by fitting any of the AndyMark hubs to this wheel. Hubs are NOT included in the price of the wheel. If this is your choice, then no bearing is needed.
- If you wish to drive this wheel with a sprocket, then the sprocket needs to be attached to the side of the wheel, and one ball bearing needs to be pressed into the wheel (on one side). The ball bearing must have a 1.125" od. For a 1/2" id, use am-0030. For a 3/8" id, use am-0573. The sprocket needs to be spaced out in order for the chain to have clearance with the side of the wheel.